Quantcast

The awesome, it burns • Sunday GMT • Why the hell do I have to make this thing?

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I made it through the night without the ground eating me up. I call that a straight win.

edit: Forgot my webfound for the day.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Still feeling guilty about accidentally poisoning my dog. Vet says she is doing fine but all the drugs and IV liquids are making her nauseous. :( But, she comes home tomorrow. Poor thing.

On a better note, today is the first day since Jan 4 (pre-injury) that my knee feels "good." 'Bout time. I hit the gym early this morning for 90 minutes of assorted gymming.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Hanging out with my kitteh.... He developed a blockage of his urinary tract and by the time we got him to the vet on Friday his bladder was huge. :( Vet actually said during the discussion that "this is where some people consider euthanasia". Opted for treatment, at least till we could find out the extent of the damage. Got a catheter in him and the damage wasn't as bad as she'd originally feared, so after a 24h vet stay he's back home on all sorts of medicine and a special diet, and we're watching him like a hawk. He's drinking fluids, eating, and peeing small amounts of (sometimes dark) urine.

The pain medication he's on makes him drowsy, so he spent most of yesterday asleep on my (or my wife's) lap, and is doing the same right now.

Hope he's going to be ok.......

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I moved my workstand indoors yesterday and started building up the Turner frame I bought from dan-o a few weeks back. Lacking a fork (not bought yet) and wheelset (en route) it's kind of sad looking at the moment. :D

Rode in on snow to clear some blowdown. Cut a big-assed bole, which pinched the bar solid. Took the saw, left the bar and chain, rode out. Putting stuff in car, no chainsaw helmet. Rode back in, found the helmet, rode back out. Got an "Awesome!" from a young lady hiker on one of the gear shuttle runs. The bar and chain are a few miles in, long slog with a rock bar...

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Maiden voyage for my new kettle grill, rearranged some bedrooms to make way for new kid coming Ina few weeks and gonna watch some hockey later.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Big ride this morn (for me anyway). 16 miles 4k+ feet of climbing and the steepest loosest stuff I've ridden. Legs are toast right now.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Ha I wore shorts all day and when i was grilling. Smartwool hiker socks, llbean slippers, boner shorts/gym shorts and a hoodie.

FYI my chicken turned out ****ty, not sure if it was the chicken, marinade, cheap charcoal or a combination of all three. Next Time I'm sticking to kings ford, my usual local organic chicken and homemade jerk marinade.

Speaking or riding and jerk, the only thing I rode today was.....wrong forum.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Get yourself a bag of this:

Lowes usually has it in the outdoor section.

Its made from hardwood and doesn't have any chemicals added to it to get it to light. Use your chimney with some wadded up paper on the bottom and no lighter fluid. It'll give you that smoke flavor you're looking for.

:thumb:

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I use a locally produced lump charcoal or normally kings ford when I cook chicken slow. Lump burns too hot and fast.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
Get yourself a bag of this:

Lowes usually has it in the outdoor section.

Its made from hardwood and doesn't have any chemicals added to it to get it to light. Use your chimney with some wadded up paper on the bottom and no lighter fluid. It'll give you that smoke flavor you're looking for.

:thumb:
That plus wood chips soaked in water and thrown onto the coals. All you need is a little salt and pepper on the meat (though brined is even better) and it will be fantastic.