Quantcast

The awful bike mag banner on the right

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Is there anything we can do about the floating bike mag banner to the right? It screws up my scrollies in firefox, and it makes for bad performance on my ipad tab. It's neat to see news, but it would be great if it were fixed at the top, or blockable via adblock so actually surfing the site is not a chore/doesn't screw up actual content.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
when I roll the mouse wheel up or down, instead of three little skips, and a smooth transition, I get zero zero four. The images try and resize/borders change.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
is there anything to do about bikemag "sponsoring" the site in general? the "articles" they post would be considered spam coming from any other member.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
ooh, now it's flickering every time i scroll to a new part of the page. So, if I click new post, everything loads, then every click of the mouse wheel the banner disappears, the frames shift, and it reappears. Makes scrolling up epilepti-tastic. Once I scroll up, then down, it scrolls smoothly, until I hit a part of the page I haven't scrolled past yet, then it's seizure time again.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
is there anything to do about bikemag "sponsoring" the site in general? the "articles" they post would be considered spam coming from any other member.
Are you retarded?

Sandwich - I'll look into this. I agree that there are problems with mobile devices, but I'm hesitant to put much work into this site skin since we're looking at other forum software right now, so the site skin will get overhauled anyway. Not sure why it's being jerky on your browser - it's been smooth on my desktop browser(s), but we'll get it fixed one way or another.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Are you retarded?
are you seriously asking that?

Sandwich - I'll look into this. I agree that there are problems with mobile devices, but I'm hesitant to put much work into this site skin since we're looking at other forum software right now, so the site skin will get overhauled anyway. Not sure why it's being jerky on your browser - it's been smooth on my desktop browser(s), but we'll get it fixed one way or another.
thanks dude. It's not the end of the world, it's just kind of obnoxious at times on an otherwise smooth site. It's pretty bad on the tab, but it's not the end of the world.