Quantcast

The Banshee LEGEND is almost reborn . . .

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
From the Banshee blog:

Sounds like a winner to me. Who wouldn't be stoked to get a frame in something other than a worn out same-old-same-old brown box? :thumb:
I didn't even see that on the blog. Super pumped to know its deliberate. But yea, I gotta agree with Jay. There is something awesome about opening up a new bike! :thumb:

Hey Jon, tape, glue or staples? Which method is preferred for box security? ;)
Need more details. What kind of box? How big? How's it being handled?

Something like a bike box, staples all the way. But not many people have access to the industrial kind of staples used at the factory. So tape the living fvck out of it. Hot melt isn't really necessary, just looks pretty cuz its not tape :rofl:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Damn, I've preodered in freeborn 1 year ago when the old colours were available. I hope they allow me to get it in this colour as I'd swap my baby sister for this frame.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
droooooooool . . .

Some big things in the works for this frame. Stay tuned! :thumb:
I'm tired of hitting f5 on banshee blog, my attention span got very short, frame too hot ;) BTW. Anything besides the paint shemes (other 2)?

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Sounds like a winner to me. Who wouldn't be stoked to get a frame in something other than a worn out same-old-same-old brown box? :thumb:
Manitou does the same thing, you buy their fork and you receive it in a gun case. people were giving manitou a hard time for this... funny how another company does something similar and out of the ordinary and everyone loves it...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Manitou does the same thing, you buy their fork and you receive it in a gun case. people were giving manitou a hard time for this... funny how another company does something similar and out of the ordinary and everyone loves it...
one thing i'd like to point out... Manitou used a hard case because they were anticipating forks being sent in on regular service intervals.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
one thing i'd like to point out... Manitou used a hard case because they were anticipating forks being sent in on regular service intervals.
where does it say "regular service intervals"?

how long do you think Gee and Sam go without service on their race forks?

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Probably forever, since they have a team of mechanics to do it for them.
Yes but what im trying to say is they use internals that are not available to the public. And now a company, Manitou is making a fork on that level of quality and available to the public. And they are willing to back it up and do services on it when needed? Thats quality. :thumb:

but dont listen to me since im a sponsored rider and hang at the pits during the big races and watch them hook people up that need service on any of their HBG products.

:)

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Yes but what im trying to say is they use internals that are not available to the public. And now a company, Manitou is making a fork on that level of quality and available to the public. And they are willing to back it up and do services on it when needed? Thats quality. :thumb:

but dont listen to me since im a sponsored rider and hang at the pits during the big races and watch them hook people up that need service on any of their HBG products.

:)
True. I just hate that the industry continues to go more and more towards "race only" type stuff. Which is really just a euphemism for under-engineered IMO. Forks and shocks shouldn't need to be rebuilt after 2-3 hours of ride time (which is roughly the actual saddle time anyone would get in a race weekend). I hate to always bring up the comparison but moto stuff is what, roughly every 50 hours of SADDLE TIME, at most? Excluding of course ultra enduro type stuff. But even still, it's much longer than every 1-3 hours.

Last edited:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I wish they sent them already (or at least gave us some pics of the other colours) as the sickline photos made the wait much much harder.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
They look nice :) Better than red ano, IMO. I like red-adidas-three-stripes :D
Norbar, which one will You get?

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
All three colors look great...If I was buying this bike I would be totally torn between that red/polished and the green/black. Can't wait to see one in person.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
When are these gonna be available in the UK and whats the RRP?
If I remember right Freeborn had them at 1999pounds. The first batch should leave (or has left) the pacyfic factory soon though I don't know you can still catch that. Mail the Freeborn guys.