Quantcast

The beginning of Black Dynamite, my new Yeti SB66

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Finally getting around to building my new SB66 36 Race.

And its just so black. Like Baby Got Back Black!
So it'll be named Black Dynamite, because like Black Dynamite would say:
Listen sucka, I'm blacker than the ace of spades and more militant than you and your whole damn army put together. While you out there, chanting at rallies and brow-beating politicians, I'm taking out any money-fronting sucka on a humble that gets in my way. So I tell you what, when your so called revolution starts, you call me, and I'll be right down front showing you how it's done. But until then, you need to SHUT the **** UP when grown folks is talking.
Yea, I could see my bike saying that to just about anything out there.

Its just gonna be black. No zany colors. No extra bits of neon here and neon there, like on my other bikes, just militant mother ****ing black.

So here's the start:

When its done:
- King headset/bottom bracket
- Thompson post/stem
- XT brakes, derailleurs, cranks, shifters
- Mavic 819/King wheels
- Black Terry Fly saddle.

"It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none. None more black." - Nigel Tufnel

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hey fat ass - let me know if the shock is under sprung. I'd like to get an idea about whether I will need to Push mine.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
These floors were pre-****ed when we moved in. The previous tenant was a tweaker with 5 cats. That's what my living room looks like three days after I steam clean the floors. Its rad here. Hate this damn house.

Should have the bike built sometime this week.

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
You're like a fat drunken version of David Hasselhoff pedaling around on your MTB version of Kitt. Just need to mount some shiftbrites on the front of your handlebar and get a leather coat and its official.

Oh wait, Davi Hasselhoff is a fat drunken version of David Hasselhoff. You could be the Black Dynamite Duo.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Us big boys need to have custom damping to account for rebound speeding up as we jack up the air pressure.
You could just lose a ****load of weight by having your pancreas start shutting down, waking up in a few ambulances and er's till finally the docs figure it out and save your life right before you get a permanent place in a hospital like I did...... You can lose like a third of yourself this way......

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
You could just lose a ****load of weight by having your pancreas start shutting down, waking up in a few ambulances and er's till finally the docs figure it out and save your life right before you get a permanent place in a hospital like I did...... You can lose like a third of yourself this way......
Hmmm...maybe...how much you pay out of pocket?

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I'm going to get a coil for it in the spring. I want this to sort of be my Swiss Army knife of bikes. Figure I can run the air for when I need to go up or go flat or pedal to go down, and then run the spring on the rear when I need a bit more cushion for the pushin'.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I'm going to get a coil for it in the spring. I want this to sort of be my Swiss Army knife of bikes. Figure I can run the air for when I need to go up or go flat or pedal to go down, and then run the spring on the rear when I need a bit more cushion for the pushin'.
Just run the coil all the time, fata$$. I have a coil on my do-it-all Reign and it is soooo much better than the air can that I don't bother with the air. It's only in the bike box for backup duty...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just run the coil all the time, fata$$. I have a coil on my do-it-all Reign and it is soooo much better than the air can that I don't bother with the air. It's only in the bike box for backup duty...
You run a Fox R. That thing weighs about the same as an air shock. Fatass is talking about a real coil shock.