Quantcast

The best picture ever

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I got an idea. Get skinny and you can walk.
Awesome story:

Several years ago, I worked for an inbound customer call center. Lots of fat "cripples" and pregnant chics. Our health insurance plan for normal people was astronomical b/c of all the butter feeders and breeders.

So they had a wellness program they developed and I rode my bike at that point tons to work. So they put me on the "committee". They asked me for an idea. We'd JUST had the parking lot painted b/c we are next to Wal-Mart. We have TEN (10) handicap spaces out front. So they colored those and colored sections our employees could ONLY park in.

My idea was to re color code based on weight. The heavier you are, the farther out you'd have to park. You'd lose weight just having to make it in the door and the more you lost, the closer you'd get to park.

I was not asked to be in the follow up "committee".:rofl:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Butch, did you work at ClientLogic too? I spent about 3 months there before I left...it was miserable.
Yup. Four years. QC and supervisor escalation calls. You call, get pissed off, you get me. I sound way more official than the 450lb mouth breather next to me and I tell you the same thing...only more "sincerely" with lots of "I understand" mixed in. You hang up hosed....every time.

The greatest client we ever had was a Southern California electric companies inbound payment services. I got to be an arrogant, chastising sod who saw things in black, white and greenbacks. Heaven forbid you should type in a social security # for anyone of Spanish descent. It usually involved in excess of 70-80 names of varying "-uez". I've got great stories.

Me + headset + a script = Call center gold. You could make a SuperTroopers movie about my life in that place.

Oh, and as for the butter feeders, some weighed so much, that they had to change the carpet squares out under their chairs every 3-4 months.