Quantcast

The best trails in Peru!

wayodh

Chimp
Nov 24, 2006
Peru
These pictures were taken on the last 2 months, riding the best mountain bike trails in Peru with Wayo Stein, 5 times National DH Champion and Inkas Adventures. We have opened a couple of new trails, epic trails that crosses the mountains from one valley to another, reaching altitudes of 4,500 meters (14,760ft.) in some cases.

Every day we are more confident to say that Peru is the best place on earth for mountain biking. It's not just the huge and amazing system of Inca trails, there is magic on the mountains and the people is great. The sensation of being on a remote area and far away from civilization is impressive.

You tell if these pictures are good pictures or not.

In this picture we are crossing the Vilcanota's Mountain Range from the Sacred Valley to the Lares Valley at an altitude of 4,500 masl (14,760 ft.)

Here we are starting to descend to the Sacred Valley at an altitude of 4,350 masl (14,270 ft.) following the main Inca trail that goes from Cusco to Machu Picchu.

This is a new trail we have found near the Sacred Valley that descends from 4,500 masl (14,760 ft.). Defenetely one of the best trails we have tried.

This is me jumping a big gap near Maras, in the Sacred Valley.

Here we are riding one of the Inca trails that goes from Cusco to the Sacred Valley. This trail never has been restored and has more than 500 years old!

Here we are taking a horse "shuttle" to Marcahuasi at 4,000 masl (13,120 ft.)

Naoko is showing us how to ride smooth on technical terrain

Our bar in Ollantaytambo

Great jump on a local trail near Cusco

Riding inside a dried river near Lima

Here Brian is being pulled by a 10 years old girl!

Swimming on the hot springs before a long ride!

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
when I saw this thread title I was really hoping it wouldn't be a "pics or stfu" thread.

This thread delivers. Awesome pictures, riding there is something I hope to do one day!

skaplayer89

Chimp
Jul 24, 2008
I've done Peru and had a complete blast. You can just drive in your car and pick out amazing trails anywhere. I also did Bolivia with the company Gravity Bolivia, which was absolutely amazing. Both countries have very similar geography, and gravity bolivia will provide you with the best bikes and equipment you can find in Latin America.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
These pictures were taken on the last 2 months, riding the best mountain bike trails in Peru with Yayo Stein, 5 times National DH Champion and Inkas Adventures.
Is that guy connected to some Peruvian flake or what?!! ;)

Hope I have the money within a few years to take a trip, South America is intriguing in many ways!

wayodh

Chimp
Nov 24, 2006
Peru
We are now preparing for the Megavalanche race in March 29, 2009! If you want to ride the best trails, give us a call!

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
some awesome pics and scenery have to make it out there at some stage

thats some pretty big gaps for an "all mountain" ride

props for hitting them up
That's what I thought! I'd do it on my DH bike, not sure I'd hit it on something with single crowns etc! Good effort :biggrin:

JudgeDH

Chimp
Feb 7, 2008
That's it, I'm going! What kind of bike do you recommmend?
Depends on your intentions...If you are focused on the race, an AM bike with 6in of travel is ok. Take your DH bike if you are more into having fun riding in the area. Anyway, you will see people in the podium with both type of bikes (e.g. Nomads and V-10).

I'll be there for 10 days, so I'm on long travel.

wayodh

Chimp
Nov 24, 2006
Peru
That's it, I'm going! What kind of bike do you recommmend?
Judge DH said it perfectly! If you are planning to win the race, come with a AM bike 6 inches. Important is a adjustable seat post to lower and raise during the race.

If you plan to have fun, bring a bigger bike!

We are going 10 days before the race with our Inkas Adventures Team crew! Be prepared!

If you want to ride some other trails, send me a mail wayo@inkasadventures.com there are hundreds of awesome trails on the area!