Quantcast

The big bang that wasn't

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
What sort of crackpot site is that?

After reading this, I gave up on the rest: The truth that these papers don’t report is that the hypothesis that the JWST’s images are blatantly and repeatedly contradicting is the Big Bang Hypothesis that the universe began 14 billion years ago in an incredibly hot, dense state and has been expanding ever since.

A quick google just reinforces my suspicion that this guy is a nutjob.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Dark Matter/Energy. This is basically a "fudge factor" that allows all the equations to work, but it's been called out by many, especially in the Philosophy of Science area of study, because for something so theoretically plentiful, it sure is pretty elusive; the foundation of this as "something that just makes the equation work" is not a very solid platform. Of course, if we assume it's not true, it throws everything into chaos, all "proven" theories, etc. The fallacy is assuming that it has to be dark energy/matter, not assuming there's another solution. Every study supposedly "proving" the dark energy/matter is just the explanation of other phenomena and trying to find something to account for the acceleration, mass, etc. There are some decent competing theories, but nothing yet to shake the solid foundations of the "dark matter" ether.

It's a fascinating subject to look into.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yep, a crackpot. The only sites citing his big bang bang are creationists and other religious zealots.
seems legit

Lerner received a BA in physics from Columbia University[5] and started as a graduate student in physics at the University of Maryland, but left after a year due to his dissatisfaction with the mathematical rather than experimental approach there.[6][7] He then pursued a career in popular science writing.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
All theories have the potential to be absolute bullshit no matter how good they sound. Theologians therefore must be full of bullshit. Just like me.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Jesus Christ almost every statement in that article is a confabulation of partial facts that even a novice with a basic understanding of physics could refute. Not much different than a flat earther making arguments because they refuse to think beyond what their daily experience is. Reminds me of a friend, a "physicist" who wrote this because he refused to believe the math he struggled to understand. Also worth noting he is bat shit crazy.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Jesus Christ almost every statement in that article is a confabulation of partial facts that even a novice with a basic understanding of physics could refute. Not much different than a flat earther making arguments because they refuse to think beyond what their daily experience is. Reminds me of a friend, a "physicist" who wrote this because he refused to believe the math he struggled to understand. Also worth noting he is bat shit crazy and spend a decade homeless despite having a deep support network of friends and family and financial means. Thankfully he safe with his family now.
but he quotes HG wells...

irrefutable proof!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Also worth noting that the concept of the Big Bang is somewhat dated with new evidence updating the theory with the concept of Inflation.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
We obviously live in a simulation so there had to be a state at T0, whatever you want to call it.
Quantum uncertainty is just a hack for optimization of resources. :nerd:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Cosmologists are like Onconologists. Often unable to adequately explain why your properly installed headset feels crunchy. Sure, the treaded rod and washer headset press worked perfectly. Slick Honey instead of proper grease. Wash your bike at the Spray and wash much?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Jesus Christ almost every statement in that article is a confabulation of partial facts that even a novice with a basic understanding of physics could refute. Not much different than a flat earther making arguments because they refuse to think beyond what their daily experience is. Reminds me of a friend, a "physicist" who wrote this because he refused to believe the math he struggled to understand. Also worth noting he is bat shit crazy.
Why am I picturing Principal Skinner weighing himself at a Turkish Bath House?