Quantcast

The big fat movie thread

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Watched Ambulance last night, pretty good action flick to kill a couple of hours.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I seriously recommend Bros to anyone. Funny thing is parents are mistaking a gay rom com with the Mario Bros film.

Still it's a real representation of how a gay rom com would look like without making LGBTQ people palatable to general population. It is really funny

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
John Wick 4
Seemed to be about 6 hours long with no real plot other than just constant fight/shooting scenes. Hopefully he's actually dead as I'm not sure I can sit through #5. Wouldn't surprise me if he was alive and Winston just had the funeral/tombstone to allow him to vanish into the night

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Sisu

One comment I read online was, "Like if John Wick was fighting Nazi's in WW2". Pretty apt, amused wife and I for yesterday evening.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Watched Grand Turismo.

Though it was far fetched until I realized at the end it was a true story. :think:

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Watched Grand Turismo.

Though it was far fetched until I realized at the end it was a true story. :think:
Is it less cringey than it looks? I love racing and I've played those games forever, but the 30 seconds worth of trailer that I've watched makes it look super corny.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Is it less cringey than it looks? I love racing and I've played those games forever, but the 30 seconds worth of trailer that I've watched makes it look super corny.
Well, if you spend most of your free time solving world hunger I'd suggest to pass. But if you have a couple hours to kill, it was entertaining. I've played GT many hours many years ago, so I kinda enjoyed it, corny as it is.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Equalizer 3 - plot seemed poor and it's gone a bit John Wick on the violence
Mission Impossible 27 Dead Reckoning - Part 1 - both of us enjoyed it, waiting for MI-28 whenever that might get released for Part 2.

@SkaredShtles start saving up your elderberries

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Eq3 was indeed poor. But if you want the epitome of a bad movie, I'd suggest Expandable 4. :shakefist:
I liked ep3 way more than i liked Equalizer 2. Better setting, better villains, cared about what happened.

Also any John Wick comparison is good.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Eq3 was indeed poor. But if you want the epitome of a bad movie, I'd suggest Expandable 4. :shakefist:
Ex4 made the other 3 look good. It almost made the Fast and Furious films look cerebral...almost.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Saw a movie that I missed when it came out.
Atomic Blonde with Charlizzzzzze Theron.

The ambiance of the fall of the Berlin wall mixed in with a time and location appropriate soundtrack, some pretty good fight scenes and car chases made for a good watch. Plot though went left and right and was somewhat difficult to follow. But in the end, Charlizzzzzze!