Quantcast

The big fat movie thread

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
what the fvck is up with tinker tailor soldier spy not getting a national release yet in the states?
Thats why I never feel bad about piracy(though I go to the cinema ~10times/month). Still there is a chance they will show it after the oscars since Im quite sure Oldman will get one.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007

Double post or not. STFU and watch. Alien prequel. Looks like tits made of gold that shoot out cash and fire.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Thats why I never feel bad about piracy(though I go to the cinema ~10times/month). Still there is a chance they will show it after the oscars since Im quite sure Oldman will get one.
i saw it three times.

disappointed oldman didn't get the oscar but not mad at the guy from "the artist" winning it...

Trailslug46

Monkey
May 14, 2006
Indiana
Girl with the Dragon tattoo, the original series not the remake. Let me in, the original was Much better. After you've seen Girl, check out The girl that played with fire and the girl that kicked the hornet nest. All are on Netflicks.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
i saw it three times.

disappointed oldman didn't get the oscar but not mad at the guy from "the artist" winning it...
I'm really angry at the artist. It's a good piece of genre cinema but if it was made in the silent cinema era it wouldn't be special. Why a movie reconstruction should be awarded? I understand it was a weaker year but come on. Descendants were better. Though Extremely Loud being nominated is a Joke. Even the critics don't like it that much. It really shows why they should not make the academy membership lifetime (avg. age 62).
Movies that should get a best picture/actor nomination and didnt:
Take Shelter
Young Adult
Drive (supporting)
Shame (the script here is mediecore but Fassbender destroys it)
50/50

I probably forget a few others.

Also FSR makes a good argument why Transformers 3 should be nominated (and win) for best effects.

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/features/boiling-point-the-2012-oscars-everyone-that-should-have-won-and-whats-wrong-with-the-whole-picture.php

@Trailslug check out Headhunters, Troll Hunter and Rare exports if you like Nordic Cinema. Unfortunately they are remaking Headhunters. Marky Mark is to star.

Also - just seen The Grey. It sucked. Carnahan sucks. His only proper movie is the A-Team which was more to do with a good script and actors than his directing chops.

Last edited:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I Saw the Devil, full of awesome.
It's a good movie but I'm getting tired of all Korean serious movies being about angsty guys plotting cruel revenge on some other evil guys.

btw. I saw the Devil director will be a part of a new Korean sfi/horror anthology.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I'm sclerotic and can't see it in my older posts but even if I did post it it's worth posting again. I will really kill someone if they move the release one more time. Especially since both the fans at festivals and the critics love that movie. Fan award at Toronto if I remember right.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
This was a book? I still see Stifler when I see that actor. I know I shouldn't but it's damn difficult. Though I want to see it.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Nerdon

Also if you love samurai movies or awesome or really have any kind of taste you will LOVE this movie. Seen it 3 times last year and because of the wait I was really on the verge of ordering it from Japan and paying someone to translate it for me.

Last edited: