Quantcast

The Big WG (if Brian and Brad were in control)

Who would be there opening day if Brian and Brad were in control?

• yes

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • hell yes

Votes: 21 75.0%
  • hell no

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

overbybars

Chimp
May 12, 2003
I would go if Brad and I were in charge of the mt. bike program. Then again, Jay would still be there, so I'd have to say no. One of the votes for hell yes should be a no.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
The real question here is... Does Wintergreen care?

Yes, they would probably make a few grand, but to them, that is nothing. Its not all pure profit. They have to pay the lift operators, electricity for the lift, etc. etc. There were a few sundays that people asked to have open, and they agreed if it was enough people to BREAK EVEN. that means they were making NO money.

They never liked us being there, and its a big liability to them. Yes, you sign the OOB papers, but if somthing was their fault, they go down for it.

Take what happened to Scott for example. THose of you that were there that day KNOW that it was WGs fault he went down so hard. There were NO signs anywhere warning about the ruts at the bottom, and there is no way they could not have known that was a hazard. They even went the back after it happened and put signs at the top of the trail, so they knew it was hazardous.

Now, He could have gotten a good lawyer, and sued the sh!t out of them. he didnt, but he could have.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
wow, tough crowd ;)

I'm pretty sure Scott could STILL sue WG if he wanted to put the screws to 'em, I doubt the statute of limitations has run....

overbybars

Chimp
May 12, 2003
He should have sued. I remember that day well. Wintergreen apparently didn't think it would be any big deal to cut a two foot deep ditch in a blind spot on a high speed section of trail and not put up any signs or give any type of verbal warning to the riders prior. In fact they should have never left that section of ditch open. What they did was unknowingly create the perfect way to kill someone. That's what happens when there's nobody to maintain the trails that rides the trails.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
well I have to say that if Brian, Brad and Crew were out on the trails building, maintaining the trails, than I would def. want to check out what's going on and ride the same oldy's but goody's......

I agree with Brian in the FACT that if the trails are not maintained they do become a liability and become very dangerous, let's admit the fact that we participate in a dangerous sport, but there are ways to do this safely. Riding on trails that are not maintained are not part of riding safely. When you tie the other fact that people are paying for this service from WG than things just get ugly.

If anyone is up there riding this sumer, I hope noone is seriously hurt due to unsafe trails. If they aren't gonna maintain they should really just close...