Quantcast

The Bike Apartment

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Took some pics last night of the apartment.

Sam Rebuilding the Shifter on my Sub 500 Slalom bike build

The Old School Giant Team DH lives under kitchen table

Sam's New Stem

Me inspecting Sam's work

Zac replacing some tubes

The Theme continues in my Room

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
jeeze...thats a robbers gold mind! Thousands of dollars on wheels...and all in one place!

hah.

ulockjustice

Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
we had 12 bikes in a 2 room dorm suite in undergrad. nothing like having to take an M1 out of the bathtub everytime you took a shower. good times.

Sep 1, 2007
16 powers st BKLN NY
Just a thought. Do you have renters insurance? Between the four of you it would be about $4 extra rent a month, and all your electronics, bikes, parts, and pancake flippers are covered from theft and damages up to ~$40,000. Good insurance will even cover bikes that are stolen outside your apt.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Just a thought. Do you have renters insurance? Between the four of you it would be about $4 extra rent a month, and all your electronics, bikes, parts, and pancake flippers are covered from theft and damages up to ~$40,000. Good insurance will even cover bikes that are stolen outside your apt.
I can only speak for myself, but I'm covered under my parents home owners insurance since I'm a full time student.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I can only speak for myself, but I'm covered under my parents home owners insurance since I'm a full time student.
You may be covered but I'll bet your parents wouldn't want to risk having their policy terminated after a $1800 claim for a bike. These days homeowners and renter's insurance are good for one claim every 5 years or so. Homeowner's insurance not only covers theft it's liability insurance as well which can be several hundreds of thousands of dollars, I'd personally hate to make a $1800 claim and have my policy canceled then have a neighbor take me to court for a tree on my property that falls on his kid in a wind storm and find out that my insurance has been canceled. Just a thought... Insurance is just that, you want it so you have it just incase something awful happens, the problem is deciding when something that is so awful happens that nothing can top it for the next 5 years.