Quantcast

The blue bolts seen on the Soveriegn

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
Four score and some odd years ago the Sov was shown with blue bolts holding the sliding dropouts on, what's the deal with those?

Also, now that we know it's not nemesis building the Sov's who is it? CAn you give us a timeline DW?

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
CreeP said:
Also, now that we know it's not nemesis building the Sov's who is it? /QUOTE]
I hear it's the mostest awesomest fab shop on the west coast!!!! Frames are being welded right now.

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
Obviously they are being welded, since they are being delivered, but i'm curious about who it is doing the welding since it's changed a bunch, starting with IF, then Nemesis, then?? is option #3 the one doing the production stuff?

hey twised you missed a bracket in your quote script.

edit: was this the supplier: http://www.metricblue.com/ ?

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
CreeP said:
Obviously they are being welded, since they are being delivered, but i'm curious about who it is doing the welding since it's changed a bunch, starting with IF, then Nemesis, then?? is option #3 the one doing the production stuff?

hey twised you missed a bracket in your quote script.

edit: was this the supplier: http://www.metricblue.com/ ?
There were two prototype versions of the Sovereign before production. The first with IF, but they did it as a favor for me, there weren't any producion plans. Second prototypes were intended for testing and intertrode 2004 by the person who did nemsis bikes. We decided to pursue another fabricator, I'm not going to get into it any further than that. Since the show we have been working with Kinesis USA, and it has been a very good experience. New Sovereigns are 3/4 completed, I'm not personally sure of the timeline, but they are on the way.

The bolts are the metric blue versions. We get them from a wholesale bolt supplier that we work with. They are grade 12.9 with an anti corrosion coating.

Dave

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
bagtagley said:
"New" as in a new batch, or "new" as in a change in design?
New as in New Batch. I'd guess the will ship just after Interbike given the busy travel schedule and all. The Evil site will definitely be updated with news as it comes. I'm building a new green one as a trailbike. I can't wait.

dw

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
Wow, it's so enigmatic. With the Imperial it was like "check out the guys building all the frames at Devinci".

Thanks on the bolt info.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
TWISTED said:
Really? That's news to me.

I guess if anyone here should know, it would be you. Have you been on MTBR lately? There are a few threads about it, I think they are in the Titus and Turner forums.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
That Titus thread is so full of misinformation, it's funny. Or sad.

-r

Salami said:
I guess if anyone here should know, it would be you. Have you been on MTBR lately? There are a few threads about it, I think they are in the Titus and Turner forums.

iconic

Chimp
Feb 12, 2002
might bump this up.. does anyone know where i can get these bolts for the sliding dropouts? i have a sovereign but never got the bolts :(

these are very useful when setting the bike up for singlespeed right?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
might bump this up.. does anyone know where i can get these bolts for the sliding dropouts? i have a sovereign but never got the bolts :(

these are very useful when setting the bike up for singlespeed right?
You can do it without the bolts, it will just not be as straightforward as using the bolts. PM Sent.