Quantcast

The Boston Marathon -- Lots of Pics

splat

Nam I am
So today was marathon Monday and being Ilive very Close to the course last night I took a Little spin on my Bike over to the Start Line In Hopkinton, MA

TV trucks all lined up

these were on all the poles along the route , they work on so many levels .

Now that is a Registration tent! ( not to mention the lines of Porta Potties ) and there were 3 of those tents.

Fast worward to day , A frined who lives just off the 14 Mile mark washaving a Marathon party , so over we went.

The wheels Chairs Were first

3+4 th in the Mens Division

I really like how this one came out of the womens Winner

The Elite Women #7 in Blue ( behind #11 ) would Win

The elite Men #1 would win again!

Lance Armstrong

I started to wander up the course and here is a Water station

all I can say is WOW!!!

the 1/2 way point ( 13.1 miles )

it is really hard to comprehend the sheer Number of people running

Walking up to Wellsley College

then there is Wellsley College , the noise level of screecing young College girls was deafing !!! it literally hurt your ears! But it was amusing !!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I used to live in Boston and loved the Marathon parties. There is something magical about sitting on your butt drinking and eating all kinds of crap all day while thousands of people burn trillions of calories right in front of you.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Gotta love a marathon. I've been to Boston a couple of times and Chicago once last year, and it's an emotional experience to see so many people push themselves to the limit like that. When you throw in all the cheering spectators who spend their whole day encouraging total strangers, it's almost enough to restore your faith in the human race.

Thanks for sharing the pics!

--JP

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Nice photos! I hate running, so I can't say I wish I was there :) I like the woman with the sign "I'm looking for a man who will go the distance"

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Armstrong said he planned to run Boston again, though he added he's too busy with other things to get more serious about running.

"It is a hobby, it keeps me fit on a daily basis, it keeps me inspired and motivates me to go out and run," he said.

Armstrong added he regrets not training harder when he's suffering in the middle of a race.
2hrs 50min 58sec.....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My Dad, 54 years old, decided he wanted to do this race a year ago and started training. It's his 5th marathon, his second fastest, 3:42:36. He said his feet started hurting from the downhill sections around 1/2 way, so he had to slow down below his fitness levels to appease his feet. He was on pace to do it in 3:15:xx.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
You sure you have the right marathon errr parade?

:) It's just a photoshop exercise in good fun, bro.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
My Dad, 54 years old, decided he wanted to do this race a year ago and started training. It's his 5th marathon, his second fastest, 3:42:36. He said his feet started hurting from the downhill sections around 1/2 way, so he had to slow down below his fitness levels to appease his feet. He was on pace to do it in 3:15:xx.
Top effort by the old fella there.:thumb: