Quantcast

The Boxxer and the "Large Man"/what do you know about the Vivid

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I haven't ridden a RS product since sometime in the late 1990's. My last ride with them was on a Judy, and once I changed to a Marzocchi fork, I haven't looked back.

That being said, I found a bike that comes with a Boxxer on the front end. To be exact its a 2010 Boxxer World Cup with Avalanche Cartridge with midvalve.

So part one of my question: How does RS hold up under the weight of a 240# plow rider.

Part two. The bike comes with a RS Vivid on the rear end of a 303RDH. I've always ridden Fox rear ends. So does this have any hope of holding up to my fat ass?

b.utters

Monkey
Mar 30, 2011
RS will hold up just the same as any other fork or shock provided you are using the correct spring rate. That shouldn't be hard to dial in with the World Cup. the vivid shouldn't be a problem either provided you don't want to run a Ti spring. (Rare as hens teeth for vivds atm)

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I haven't ridden a RS product since sometime in the late 1990's. My last ride with them was on a Judy, and once I changed to a Marzocchi fork, I haven't looked back.

That being said, I found a bike that comes with a Boxxer on the front end. To be exact its a 2010 Boxxer World Cup with Avalanche Cartridge with midvalve.

So part one of my question: How does RS hold up under the weight of a 240# plow rider.

Part two. The bike comes with a RS Vivid on the rear end of a 303RDH. I've always ridden Fox rear ends. So does this have any hope of holding up to my fat ass?

I rode a vivid 5.1 for a bit and liked it alot as far as the fork you'll be fine the mid valve works great you can always Reshim a smidge add a little oil or air and it will behave a bit more progressive or sit higher in travel.
I'm 230 after dieting and staying away from the weights, and had no issues at all. Spring rate dictates how it sits the damping is control and both are good contenders for sure.
Get it ride it and have fun should be pretty dialed at both ends.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
The lowers and the uppers on the newer boxxers aren't really lighter than the new zokes (a 888 2010+ with an air spring is only 100-150g lighter than a world cup and boxxers have lighter axles and steerers) so you shouldn't worry about it. The older ones did break under harsh bottom outs but it was more due to thin leg diameter.