Quantcast

The bright and colorful bike thread

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch

Not the best picture by any means but my commuter is pretty dang bright and colorful. Yellow gaff tape on the bars for that extra pizazz.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Damn you Bob, you know all my bikes are black!

OBTW, those are all his bikes he's posted....

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
That is a sweet looking commuter. What frame is it?
It's a voodoo CX frame, beyond that, I know no specifics. I bought it off DNA gosh, 5 years ago I think. A buddy of his painted pink for his wife and then he sold it like a crazy man. Best. Bike. Ever.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
My new bike is kind of colorful....
Is that the Jekyl rear end mated to a Super V front triangle? 6 inches of travel, super light, right? I remember riding trails around ROC and seeing a group of guys all with that same setup. Seemed pretty sweet. How does it ride?

And Laurie, I would give my first born for that frame. I love the old Voodoo frames. I also have a pink bontrager saddle on my road bike that would go perfect with it.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Is that the Jekyl rear end mated to a Super V front triangle? 6 inches of travel, super light, right? I remember riding trails around ROC and seeing a group of guys all with that same setup. Seemed pretty sweet. How does it ride?
Yes. Rides awesome. Everything you ever wanted in a trailbike. Efficient, very stiff, and light... This is my second one. My old one weighed 28lb, not exactly super light. We have built about a dozen of them here with more on the way. Cannondale says we only have 40 more swingarms left.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
And Laurie, I would give my first born for that frame. I love the old Voodoo frames. I also have a pink bontrager saddle on my road bike that would go perfect with it.
My mom would have your hide for calling me laurie but that's for another thread. ;) It is an awesome frame that i love dearly. It does have a dent in it from me dropping it against a huge terra cotta planter. I think I cried for a month.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
My mom would have your hide for calling me laurie but that's for another thread. ;) It is an awesome frame that i love dearly. It does have a dent in it from me dropping it against a huge terra cotta planter. I think I cried for a month.

Oh wow, my bad. I just sent an email to someone named Laurie, I blame it on muscle memory....sorry Laura

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Is that a hemorrhoid pillow?
:rofl:

though, it saved the nads a few times when I though no-footers were a good idea...

That makes me nostalgic for about 5 years ago. I used to want a Super 8 with double wides, high rise bar, and a Shiver so bad.
It was a short love affair of mine too. BAD Karma bike. Hated me. It has been known to dump me off, right on the sidewalk. I didn't need stunts to crash that thing....