Quantcast

The Build Begins

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Of my girlfriend's Azonic DS1. Frame came yesterday from Ben (dexterq20). This will be a true frankenbike...v-brakes...XC wheels...ah yes...

The start:

Fork is just in for looks, I haven't installed the headset yet. I think I will wait until I have all the parts until I build it.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
chicodude01 said:
His bitch.......
:eek:

I've already christened it the "little black bitch", but the intentions behind this one are as an XC bike for her. She wants to try 4x, but she can barely jump. When she starts getting better, we can start upgrading parts. So far, only about 175 bucks have been spent on the build, and I've got a bunch of parts that I'm using for it (IE, wheels). I just need a post, saddle, bars, and v-brake levers...maybe tires.

Won't green 1.85 tires look funny on this thing? I think so.

=[Stinky]=

I like bagels and turkey sandwiches
Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
OH GOD. Not paired spoke wheels.
well, atleast the rear is traditional.

Whoever thought that was a good idea should be shot in the face. And then shot again.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Changleen said:
What front wheel is that?
Vuelta XRP 24 spoke wheel...heavy as all hell, but seems to be strong enough. I destroyed the rear 24 spoke wheel after casing a 20 foot gap jump...they're durable, but heavy. And pretty useless. The rear is a 28H Bonty Select that was on my homegrown, but I dinged it on a curb before I sold the bike. I don't expect it to last long at all, but the front should be fine.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
=[Stinky]= said:
OH GOD. Not paired spoke wheels.
well, atleast the rear is traditional.

Whoever thought that was a good idea should be shot in the face. And then shot again.

im not saying it is a good idea, however, i have a trek fuel 90 disc with rolf dolomites that i have beat the bejeebus out of and i am anything but smoov...and they have worked like a champ...so fer a girlie i cant see how they'll be bad at all

im 225 and ride my xc bike likes its my dh at times, and in fact have shuttled/dh'd it so im not sure what yer problem is....