Quantcast

@@@ the Butt Crack o Monderp GMT@@@

Colonel Angus

Monkey
Feb 15, 2005
land of the green chiles
lunch time in le France. The government will announce today if they are going to extend the lockdown to two months.

Went out for a 2-hour road ride yesterday and saw 8 moving vehicles and 3 humans. Then learned this morning that cycling is prohibited except for transportation purposes. WTF?

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Went out for a 2-hour road ride yesterday and saw 8 moving vehicles and 3 humans. Then learned this morning that cycling is prohibited except for transportation purposes. WTF?
Screw that nonsense. My sister in Montpellier now regularly borrows the neighbours' dog in order to get outside.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

What a time to be alive. Continued WFH and social distancing to ensure I can say that for many, many more moons.

Supposed to rain/snow today, but whatever, time and the day have lost meaning. I'm also running low on the projects list, gonna have to brainstorm ways to reload it.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Still no money back from Booking.com or airlines. Otherwise, life is normal - go to the local coffee shop to support them. have a call from home with other tv ppl, be annoyed I can't get my bike serviced and all my tools are at my father's 300km from here. Kinda hard to get any training done when you spend all day sitting on the couch. I move way more when I'm in the office. Sitting at home makes me slow and lazy.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Mornin!

What a time to be alive. Continued WFH and social distancing to ensure I can say that for many, many more moons.

Supposed to rain/snow today, but whatever, time and the day have lost meaning. I'm also running low on the projects list, gonna have to brainstorm ways to reload it.
you can come down here-my wife has a bigly list of projects i'm avoiding!
I can't get my bike serviced and all my tools are at my father's 300km from here.
most of the shops here have gone to a walk up/drop off policy

rainy here. coffee, breakfast, gonna get the kids started on their work soon and try to get through some of mine.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Speaking of buttcrack, I was up at 5:15 for to get my five mile run done since we're looking at a few inches of snow later today. Work permitting, I'll hop on the bike trainer for an hour tonight. I'm at the office and it is a ghost town here, outside of my department.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Work from home today. I am glad that I have a portable second screen, but this glass table is no bueno for the mouse.

Snowed last night here, everything is white again. :(

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Not taking Hannah to daycare until we can confirm either way whether we have the beer virus or not. Which means that we have to work with her at home... Schedule organization will be a must for a while here. Boss is of the "You do you and we'll take care of your clients" variety, thankfully. I still have some meetings I can't cancel, but I'm able to block out my unscheduled time at least.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I am working from Colorado Center today. We babysit the MRI scanner for contrast cases--got to have an MD around for those. Usually we might have 10 or 12 cases. We scheduled 4 today. (What I read as part of my work doesn't come from this specific scanner but those volumes are similarly low.)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Here. Not taking Hannah to daycare until we can confirm either way whether we have the beer virus or not. Which means that we have to work with her at home... Schedule organization will be a must for a while here. Boss is of the "You do you and we'll take care of your clients" variety, thankfully. I still have some meetings I can't cancel, but I'm able to block out my unscheduled time at least.
Surprised day cares are even still open there (or anywhere)...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Hopped on the gravel bike yesterday and had a nice 21-mile spin from the house, then drank beer on the patio with my love after. Made fish for dinner. It was nice.

Back to the job search today, though it feels pretty hopeless in these times.

Boss is of the "You do you and we'll take care of your clients" variety, thankfully. I still have some meetings I can't cancel, but I'm able to block out my unscheduled time at least.
Hopefully not face to face meetings?

:shocked:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hopped on the gravel bike yesterday and had a nice 21-mile spin from the house, then drank beer on the patio with my love after. Made fish for dinner. It was nice.

Back to the job search today, though it feels pretty hopeless in these times.

Hopefully not face to face meetings?

:shocked:
God no. We're full virtual until at least the end of April.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Surprised day cares are even still open there (or anywhere)...
State HHS is trying to keep private daycare open so that people can keep working if possible, even if remote. The risk population is much smaller than at an elementary school. A large daycare can only have 50 kids; elementary schools have 350+. They are taking temps multiple times throughout the day and if they break 100*, even if teething, they go home until below for 24hrs. If any kid gets it, whole place shuts down for at least 72 hours for cleaning and confirmation if any other kids show signs.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Wifey decided she can't survive without garlic, Amazon fresh is dysfunctional, so I had to make another mad dash to the grocery store. I really don't want to go again for at least a week.

Fork scheduled for delivery today, as is Luftkappe, new seals and some tools.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
State HHS is trying to keep private daycare open so that people can keep working if possible, even if remote. The risk population is much smaller than at an elementary school. A large daycare can only have 50 kids; elementary schools have 350+. They are taking temps multiple times throughout the day and if they break 100*, even if teething, they go home until below for 24hrs. If any kid gets it, whole place shuts down for at least 72 hours for cleaning and confirmation if any other kids show signs.
Anyone who can't tolerate other people's kids in the background in conference calls should go lick some hospital door handles.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wifey decided she can't survive without garlic, Amazon fresh is dysfunctional, so I had to make another mad dash to the grocery store. I really don't want to go again for at least a week.

Fork scheduled for delivery today, as is Luftkappe, new seals and some tools.
my wife's the same way. i told her just start a list, we're only going once a week. none of this onesie twosie grocery run bullshit.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Hello all. I am working from Colorado Center today. We babysit the MRI scanner for contrast cases--got to have an MD around for those. Usually we might have 10 or 12 cases. We scheduled 4 today. (What I read as part of my work doesn't come from this specific scanner but those volumes are similarly low.)
So tossing, when I got my last MRI with my new knee, they did something called a (I think?) ‘metal reduction’. What does that mean, and how does it work, as my knee parts are Ti, and non-ferrous? Would that mean that I theoretically could have left my Ti wedding ring on?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
So tossing, when I got my last MRI with my new knee, they did something called a (I think?) ‘metal reduction’. What does that mean, and how does it work, as my knee parts are Ti, and non-ferrous? Would that mean that I theoretically could have left my Ti wedding ring on?
Metal reduction involves special sequences that minimize the artifacts that arise from the metal disturbing the magnetic field around it. Your ring would have been fine, but as people are apt to not know what their rings are made of it's better as a policy to have no jewelry.

Metal reduction involves special sequences that minimize the artifacts that arise from the metal disturbing the magnetic field around it. Your ring would have been fine, but as people are apt to not know what their rings are made of it's better as a policy to have no jewelry.
In general, having no jewelry is a Good Thing in order to reduce risk of damage to the wearer, not that we didn't know that...