Quantcast

@@@ the Butt Crack o Monderp GMT@@@

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Expecting some wheels for wifey that we ordered weeks ago that USPS couldn't (didn't) deliver on Saturday, website said they would be delivered today.

No sign so far :(

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Sometimes I love this town, other times I hate it. Just got this neighborhood safety alert, it checks both boxes.

"At about 7:15 this morning there was a man in my driveway with a STEWPOT OF FIRE drinking a beer. He was hostile and confrontational. He refused to put out his POT OF FIRE. As I called 911 he moved on carrying his POT OF FIRE. He crossed kirkwood, went up 56th, then he and his POT OF FIRE turned left into leny's Parking lot and south through the alley. He is 30-40 years old, 5'9" tall, long black hair, also he is carrying a POT OF FIRE."
I too am rocking a POT OF FIRE at the moment...
IMG_20200323_133315453_HDR.jpg

Trying to melt a few yards of ice at the CV19 safe house in Idahoozle (Burning down the house...)

Hoping do some socially distant xc skiing/biking Le fat once I get caught up on $work$

Kids have transitioned quite nicely to week 2 of extended spring break, as long as the Nintendo Switch and cell phone (respectively) are fully charged...

And there has been a repeat of previous years sledding off da roof which is (not yet) on fire...

On that note BRB;)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
RIP tres warren.....i guess i will never get to see the psychic ills

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Found the right thread to post this. Forkx36 arrived. Looks fine, never serviced. Found a yuge glob of slick honey around the seal head. Luftkappe installieren jetzt!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
They dropped off their bikes. I fixed them. I texted them they were done. I left them by the gas grill. They picked them up and Venmo payment made. Need a truing stand and a headset press.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
You cannot properly service a wheel without a Stand. You cannot install a headset without a press. Pretty much always...
I built a bunch of wheels and used fork or frame to true them. Not a big deal.
I have a bearing press and while it works for suspension pivots etc., it sucks for headsets. The ole good hammer + wood blocks works the best for headsets for me.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Something about Boomers...

Note the MAGA hat halfway through. At least most of them have type 2 diabetes in addition to being old!

Oh wait

It has taken some effort to get through to my Trump luvin 80+ year old parents about how deadly this thing is. They get it now, but holy shit do they believe Herr Twitler is doing his best and making excuses or flat out denying the slow response.

I'm an only child and am doing everything I can to keep them safe. But it gets really frustrating when my dad gets all frothy over any criticism of dear leader.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
It has taken some effort to get through to my Trump luvin 80+ year old parents about how deadly this thing is. They get it now, but holy shit do they believe Herr Twitler is doing his best and making excuses or flat out denying the slow response.

I'm an only child and am doing everything I can to keep them safe. But it gets really frustrating when my dad gets all frothy over any criticism of dear leader.
Here’s the frothing from a med school classmate of mine. I don’t have enough facepalms for him.

43C07558-A596-463E-BFC6-47980147DF04.png

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
hey @stevew - you see crowders is now closed?
hey @AngryMetalsmith - you see hanging rock is now closed?
TOO MUCH RECREATIONS
Was up there Thursday and was quite surprised at the number of cars in the lots. I was considering only hiking when it's raining just to avoid the mouth-breathers.

Saturday I rode for a bit on the greenway and, again was blown away by the number of people out in groups.

One good thing was that I hadn't ridden in weeks but was able to effortlessly haul ass towards anyone who looked like they would require encouragement to move out of my way. Should not be this fit for as little as I ride. Sucks now that the park is closed. Hopefully I won't loose to much fitness.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Wifey's still sick, but she's been on a plateau of sick for almost a week. I've been ebb-flow but my breathing has been getting shittier over the last 2 days. I hocked up a ~3mm diameter, solid, brown and bloody, hairball last night, but those have been mostly brown today. Fun, fucked up game this beer virus we might have. But @6thElement still has it way worse, so... yeah.

And thanks. I think we're situated for a while. Our only concern is going to be milk in a week or 2, but the neighbors can make a run easier.
Yikes dude. Good luck.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, tenant moved out. Her daughter came back from Mexico today, they are quarantined for two weeks before she can go back to work. Glad it’s not here. She was the best tenant ever, though.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Just ordered Michelin PS4s...not getting a deal, but free shipping. Part of living in Alaska is scouring the internet for places that offer free shipping. This better work.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Lockdown of schools/daycare/unis just got extended in Denmark until after Easter. More lectures to record then.....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It just might be you?
Never had that problem. If soft wood and gentle tapping works for Sheldon, it is good enough for me as well.
it was a 90's steel frame so there's also that. i did once hear of a rejected warranty claim once the company discovered that's how a headset was installed. second hand info from another mechanic but still.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have never used a block of wood. Back when I couldn’t afford a proper Park press, I made one out of threaded rod, washers, and bolts. I think it cost less than $5.00. That was probably 1988.
i did that route in a pinch before. better than a 2x4 but not by a heck of a lot.

this is the cheaped i've found. i did get the drifts from CC to use with it as well