Quantcast

@@@ the Butt Crack o Monderp GMT@@@

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
you can come down here-my wife has a bigly list of projects i'm avoiding!

most of the shops here have gone to a walk up/drop off policy

rainy here. coffee, breakfast, gonna get the kids started on their work soon and try to get through some of mine.
Here half of the shops are closed and a majority of the shops are incompetent shitbags who can only change oil to a new fork badly and I need someone to get me a new seal for my 13 year old marzo DJ 01

Also jesus I'm desperate for some movement so I'm going running. This are bad.

PS. Why the fuck is it 1C here? It's late March.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
She'll have no health insurance, so sofa until we work out how that BS works.
She's got 60 days to skate initially:

Cliffs Notes are don't pay COBRA initially, but if she gets sick on day 1-60 from termination then she can pay the premiums retroactively and get coverage backdated to day 1.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
She'll have no health insurance, so sofa until we work out how that BS works.
COBRA gives you 18m of buffer. I had my first seizure while I was covered but not even paying for it. I had to back pay, but had my medical all covered. What @Toshi said, but with more smarter.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
She's got 60 days to skate initially:

Cliffs Notes are don't pay COBRA initially, but if she gets sick on day 1-60 from termination then she can pay the premiums retroactively and get coverage backdated to day 1.
COBRA gives you 18m of buffer. I had my first seizure while I was covered but not even paying for it. I had to back pay, but had my medical all covered. What @Toshi said, but with more smarter.
Thanks. I was loosely aware of COBRA due to friends losing jobs previously.

I'll need to try and work out how expensive that would be versus an ACA plan if she needs to enroll in the next couple of weeks as they've opened up the exchange due to COVID.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

I'll need to try and work out how expensive that would be versus an ACA plan if she needs to enroll in the next couple of weeks as they've opened up the exchange due to COVID.
IT isn't cheap, but it's a great no other opportunity buffer.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

You can't stick her on your health plan?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
my wife's the same way. i told her just start a list, we're only going once a week. none of this onesie twosie grocery run bullshit.

I have been keeping a rag soaked with kitchen cleaner in my jacket pocket when I go to the store. Use it to wipe the cart handles. Then I only touch things with my right hand, then grab the rag immediately afterwards to disinfect.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rough day working at home today. Laying on the couch with the dog passed out between my legs and the cat sleeping my torso.

Snow has melted already and the falling stuff has transitioned to rain.

Our two buildings reopen tomorrow...it will be interesting to see how many people come back to work in the office.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sometimes I love this town, other times I hate it. Just got this neighborhood safety alert, it checks both boxes.

"At about 7:15 this morning there was a man in my driveway with a STEWPOT OF FIRE drinking a beer. He was hostile and confrontational. He refused to put out his POT OF FIRE. As I called 911 he moved on carrying his POT OF FIRE. He crossed kirkwood, went up 56th, then he and his POT OF FIRE turned left into leny's Parking lot and south through the alley. He is 30-40 years old, 5'9" tall, long black hair, also he is carrying a POT OF FIRE."

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Rough day working at home today. Laying on the couch with the dog passed out between my legs and the cat sleeping my torso.

Snow has melted already and the falling stuff has transitioned to rain.

Our two buildings reopen tomorrow...it will be interesting to see how many people come back to work in the office.
Well, looks like we in Flatario just got the big red shutdown button.
All non-essentials to be closed by 11:59 Tuesday night.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Sometimes I love this town, other times I hate it. Just got this neighborhood safety alert, it checks both boxes.

"At about 7:15 this morning there was a man in my driveway with a STEWPOT OF FIRE drinking a beer. He was hostile and confrontational. He refused to put out his POT OF FIRE. As I called 911 he moved on carrying his POT OF FIRE. He crossed kirkwood, went up 56th, then he and his POT OF FIRE turned left into leny's Parking lot and south through the alley. He is 30-40 years old, 5'9" tall, long black hair, also he is carrying a POT OF FIRE."
:picsstfu:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Well, looks like we in Flatario just got the big red shutdown button.
All non-essentials to be closed by 11:59 Tuesday night.
Hmmm... good and bad.

The company I work for has somewhere around 70000 employees in Canada, I'd guess 98% of them are here in Ontario. That'll be a huge hit.....I wonder if we'll make the list.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
On the less fun part of today, I'm actually starting to feel more sick again. Shit balls.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I don't think so until you redo plans at the end of the year for Jan 1st start.
Usually a change to employment is a reason for healthcare change.
This - my last three health plans allowed this as a "life event"...
Birth, death, change of employment, etc.
Agreed with all these, because it's part of the definition:

So all that COBRA nonsense can be ignored!

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
are the kids or teh Wifey showing any symptoms?
let me know if you need anything.
Wifey's still sick, but she's been on a plateau of sick for almost a week. I've been ebb-flow but my breathing has been getting shittier over the last 2 days. I hocked up a ~3mm diameter, solid, brown and bloody, hairball last night, but those have been mostly brown today. Fun, fucked up game this beer virus we might have. But @6thElement still has it way worse, so... yeah.

And thanks. I think we're situated for a while. Our only concern is going to be milk in a week or 2, but the neighbors can make a run easier.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
you guys and your health care system... :nope: I came here to post about having a hard time adapting to wfh, then got a healthy dose of reality.... @6thElement, I'm sorry about your situation. all of this stinks.

it's been snowing all day here. my wife is on kid-duty in the afternoon. she was able to take them cross country skiing. this week is supposed to be a mix of rain and snow, and generally gawdawful weather. I suppose that's good for social distancing.

my kids are actually behaving better than I anticipated. They're pretty well behaved in the morning, and able to do a bit of work, but by lunch they need an outlet for their energy.... might try that indoor workout that was posted on PB the other day with them...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Wifey's still sick, but she's been on a plateau of sick for almost a week. I've been ebb-flow but my breathing has been getting shittier over the last 2 days. I hocked up a ~3mm diameter, solid, brown and bloody, hairball last night, but those have been mostly brown today. Fun, fucked up game this beer virus we might have. But @6thElement still has it way worse, so... yeah.
Most first hand experience posts I've read mention no phlegm, no sniffles, no wet cough. Just dry cough first, then straight to lung damage. You probably have a different strand of zikaebolaids.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I hocked up a ~3mm diameter, solid, brown and bloody, hairball last night
as a grown ass man for whatever reason i can no longer hock up a lunger without triggering gag reflex and puking all over the place....

a sad state of affairs heading into my twilight years.....