Quantcast

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
I like watching Fab Rats for similar levels of fabbing.
I liked the build they did of that old Suzuki for that weird old man that spanned a bunch of YT channels. The amount of bodywork was bananas. Also they all seem like genuinely nice people, which is refreshing change from the firehose of liquid shit torrented directly into my eyes via other social media outlets. I do it to myself though.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Yes please.

hmmmm....

worst sounding engines ever....

i'd take the 1.8T powered 356 racing a autocross that has been on yoube forever with that old ass engine in it over a subaru powered one...

gimmee a kitman motors 550

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
A turbocharged 2.5 subaru engine in the rear of that will probably kill you. It will swap ends bad.
Tbh my favorite is the rotary swapped 356, but it would be even less reliable than the Subi. I'm not a fan of the Subi sound, but the power would be sweet.

It's also a chopped and rewelded VW pan, so rigidity isn't it's strong suit.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
what kind of foxnews talking points is this son :)

they have been cramming high hp engines in the back of them forever...
Not saying it can't work, but a VW pan with a foot cut out and tacked together with a fiberglass body on top isn't necessarily a recipe for success. A tube chassis is definitely the way to go if going more than 1600cc air cooled.

Hell, a stock bug with too much power will twist itself to pieces. My brother had a 2180 in his 57 oval, talk about a death trap.. :rofl:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
14 out of 10, do want

Like 99% of "supercars", pretty sure that is just designed for oil state princes to post on instagram. Who else would spend 6 figures on a dune buggy when an actual lightweight dune buggy would be superior.

Would rather have an Ariel Nomad if I had cash to burn.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Like 99% of "supercars", pretty sure that is just designed for oil state princes to post on instagram. Who else would spend 6 figures on a dune buggy when an actual lightweight dune buggy would be superior.

Yep, I don't "get" the 911 safari or whatever. Maybe if you have an actual race team...but otherwise, no point.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
@jimmydean you will like this my college buddy has purchased the previous gen Z06 in white. I am not sure if I am looking forward to being in the car with him that is one crazy machine.
The Z06 of each generation is pretty epic. As far as stock setups go, they are damn good out of the box. They got progressively bette each time.

The new C8Z06 is about to start whooping ass. The drag race videos have already started.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The Z06 of each generation is pretty epic. As far as stock setups go, they are damn good out of the box. They got progressively bette each time.

The new C8Z06 is about to start whooping ass. The drag race videos have already started.
And anyone drag racing it should be punched in the face.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle

You haven’t kept up with the dune buggy kids have you? $250-500k for a “cool” one these days, so the 911 is right online, but an infinitely better thing to own, you can daily drive it.

Off-roading is cool right now, rich people like being cool But I’ll see these pretty regularly in my hood, we get a lot of rich guys trying to be outdoorsy around here

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
You haven’t kept up with the dune buggy kids have you? $250-500k for a “cool” one these days, so the 911 is right online, but an infinitely better thing to own, you can daily drive it.

Off-roading is cool right now, rich people like being cool But I’ll see these pretty regularly in my hood, we get a lot of rich guys trying to be outdoorsy around here

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Huh. Cool concept - both the rig and the crowd sources vehicle. What happened to Local Motors?
They went out of business AFAIK, but they did produce a bunch of those vehicles. The guy that does all the South Mountain DH shuttles worked for them.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
This early 2000's Mitsubishi had New Brunswick plates on it, where I'm guessing they don't have many roundabouts?

Last edited: