Quantcast

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
not all back up cameras are created equal...

brothers atlas...perfect

moms old subaru....horrible

infiniti suv....slightly less horrible...

moms mazda suv....ehh...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
not all back up cameras are created equal...

brothers atlas...perfect

moms old subaru....horrible

infiniti suv....slightly less horrible...

moms mazda suv....ehh...
360 degree surround view cameras are where it's at

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
This is part of the reason I like my old 100 series Land Cruiser. Big greenhouse by virtue of thin pillars, high-ish roof, and a low beltline. Very easy to see out of in all directions.

my handsome boi

So good to work on too*, pretty much the only car I'll volunteer my weekend time to.
Why people want older Toyotas is beyond me, they are pieces of shit compared to these, less space, noisy, ride like shit and they put up with all that just because the allegedly look better, people are dumb.

*No threaded holes in the AC compressor clutch was a dick move.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
So good to work on too*, pretty much the only car I'll volunteer my weekend time to.
Why people want older Toyotas is beyond me, they are pieces of shit compared to these, less space, noisy, ride like shit and they put up with all that just because the allegedly look better, people are dumb.

*No threaded holes in the AC compressor clutch was a dick move.
older toyotas....how old?

the less electrical nonsense the better...

actually the only cocession i would make towards technology is cruise control....ive learned to love it....

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
My aunt and uncle bought an overgrown house in SLC. It was an old guy who went to a nursing home. They got the cars in the deal. There was a 1983 Chevy Scottsdale 10 4x4 short box with 23k miles. In the garage, buried in crap, was an 84 Corvette with 50k.

Their both stock and clean, the definition of survivor. I bet the truck alone has got to be worth 30k.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My aunt and uncle bought an overgrown house in SLC. It was an old guy who went to a nursing home. They got the cars in the deal. There was a 1983 Chevy Scottsdale 10 4x4 short box with 23k miles. In the garage, buried in crap, was an 84 Corvette with 50k.

Their both stock and clean, the definition of survivor. I bet the truck alone has got to be worth 30k.
Square bodies (73-87) have gone through the roof.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It's not Paul Walker's, but still.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
older toyotas....how old?

the less electrical nonsense the better...

actually the only cocession i would make towards technology is cruise control....ive learned to love it....
I had a 2003 VW Golf TDi that was an electrical nightmare but got 55mpg. I always said I wished it was crank windows and base as fuck. All I need is cruise, AC and a primitive radio. AM/FM is enough for me.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Manual everything
Cruise control
Android auto
Hey that's my car, except mine doesn't have cruise control or Android Auto (or even an aux plug). I'm living in the manual age, man.

Cool story bro; my car has one of these old type LCD (LED ?) type clocks, which stopped working a year or two ago. But a month ago I guess it decided to have a second go at life and its been working ever since. :confused:
1671573589335.png

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Hey that's my car, except mine doesn't have cruise control or Android Auto (or even an aux plug). I'm living in the manual age, man.

Cool story bro; my car has one of these old type LCD (LED ?) type clocks, which stopped working a year or two ago. But a month ago I guess it decided to have a second go at life and its been working ever since. :confused:
View attachment 186566

Shazbat I feel old now!
I just had to google "Android Auto"...... My wagon is too old to have any of that.
In fact my car was already 9 years old when android was 1st created.
The one bit of tech I wish it did have is heated seats!

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Last few days I’ve been installing a new carb and hei distributor. Old carb had been on since ‘97 and I had monkeyed with it quite a bit as a teenager. It ran good at sea level and I had taken the choke off as it wasn’t needed in San Diego. Things are different here at 3500 feet and sub freezing temps. The car had a Mallory unilite for years until it wore out. It’s had a points in it for the last ten years. Ran super smooth but was lacking some power it used to have.
3E514F98-78EA-4E22-AABA-32DBFF20D462.jpeg
2983FC6A-EE2E-4903-93F2-2ECB1BB61D5D.jpeg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Last few days I’ve been installing a new carb and hei distributor. Old carb had been on since ‘97 and I had monkeyed with it quite a bit as a teenager. It ran good at sea level and I had taken the choke off as it wasn’t needed in San Diego. Things are different here at 3500 feet and sub freezing temps. The car had a Mallory unilite for years until it wore out. It’s had a points in it for the last ten years. Ran super smooth but was lacking some power it used to have.View attachment 186730View attachment 186731

Can't tell you how much happier I was after fuel injecting my old car. Futzing with carbs is only fun for so long.