Quantcast

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
older toyotas....how old?

the less electrical nonsense the better...

actually the only cocession i would make towards technology is cruise control....ive learned to love it....
Anything pre 100 series, 76 can go to hell too, hahaha!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Dude here that owns two and races them says they work great in the snow/ice due to the weight distro.
The issue is always traction. My '01 traction control was better than my '94, so my guess is the '22 is pretty damn good. But ride height is nothing and even all season tires aren't great with a 30 sidewall. The all wheel drive e-ray is a game changer.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
The issue is always traction. My '01 traction control was better than my '94, so my guess is the '22 is pretty damn good. But ride height is nothing and even all season tires aren't great with a 30 sidewall. The all wheel drive e-ray is a game changer.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
In the continuing saga of interesting cars doing mundane things in my neighborhood, somebody drove their very subtle and inconspicuous Ferrari to Whole Foods today. Shrimp was on sale, so I’d have wanted to get there in a hurry too
FD9D6BAE-059C-49D7-9AFE-2AE253FD49D2.jpeg

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Average price for a year or two Tesla Model 3 round here is about 35-40.
His is a '19 he paid $55k. But it sounds like he might be selling it, I'm inquiring about it now.

<edit> so it seems he was going to sell the S, the GTR and his wife's Pathfinder and get a Model X (tow the boat)!for him and Model 3 for the wife. But now the GTR is having issues, so it's all on hold.

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Ok, if this goes for less than $35k, it's on. This is even my color, but I'm not looking yet.

First thing I would do is pull the Grand Sport fender hashes because it's not a Grand Sport, and they are on both sides. :rofl:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Ok, if this goes for less than $35k, it's on. This is even my color, but I'm not looking yet.

First thing I would do is pull the Grand Sport fender hashes because it's not a Grand Sport, and they are on both sides. :rofl:
Doesn't look bike rack friendly, pass.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Canceled my Model Y order today. The dipshit CEO turning it into a 60k Maga hat certainly didn’t help, but in the end, it was mostly due to Tesla’s anti consumer behaviour.

Getting rid of radar was already highly questionable but ripping out the ultrasonic sensors used for park distance control without any replacement and empty promises of solving the problem with a solely vision-based system at some point in the future was the final straw.

Shame, as there is still a lot I like about the car. The packaging and resulting space are great, weight is comparably low and efficiency very good, in no small part due to the aerodynamic shape, which I and two other people on the planet actually like. Plus, unlike in the US, in Germany it’s a relative bargain, coming in much cheaper than an Audi Q4 for instance. Then again, visibility is terrible, suspension is average, no HUD and touchscreen-only dogmatism, the assistance system are the worst I've used and well, Elon.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Doesn’t seem any more monstrous than most of what’s out there in north america.

Still eager for prices to come down… and for actual availability. Pre-order now for spring 2024 is a bust.
I can say with 99.9% certainty that my head would hit that rear roofline's glass