Quantcast

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
why does no one make a 4wd el camino?

get me off this planet
beating the dead horse....

dream truck....dads shit brown F150....inline 6...and maybe regear and put in a 5 speed...

did not even come with a headliner that i can remember....

EDIT: before that we had a chevy or gmc truck that had dual tanks....plane jane silver...dog dish hub caps....dad would torture us and make the drive to philly from virginia without stopping to take a piss....brothers and i and the beagle in the bed of the truck with the shit metal cap and a mattress....child abuse today....

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I like the santa cruz. I was set on buying one until I realized I would want a closed off trunk space and a hitch rack instead of a bed which would serve no purpose.

Besides, if you aren't driving an F250 that can climb a mountain and fit a flat piece of plywood in the bed, how can you drive to work in the financial district every day?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I like the santa cruz. I was set on buying one until I realized I would want a closed off trunk space and a hitch rack instead of a bed which would serve no purpose.

Besides, if you aren't driving an F250 that can climb a mountain and fit a flat piece of plywood in the bed, how can you drive to work in the financial district every day?
Sounds like you want a minivan

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Came to a realization yesterday. Maybe I don’t hate driving. I know, strong words. Maybe it’s less about the driving and rather the context. Driving in and around the city, particularly with traffic and obtuse drivers isn’t fun, relaxing or even a good way to travel. I’m in california this week, and the bay area has no shortage of its traffic woes, but I was south a bit and the roads were clear and smooth. No weather to deal with and a minimum of asshole drivers. As a result, the small road trip ended up quite pleasant… dare I say relaxing. Strange.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Came to a realization yesterday. Maybe I don’t hate driving. I know, strong words. Maybe it’s less about the driving and rather the context. Driving in and around the city, particularly with traffic and obtuse drivers isn’t fun, relaxing or even a good way to travel. I’m in california this week, and the bay area has no shortage of its traffic woes, but I was south a bit and the roads were clear and smooth. No weather to deal with and a minimum of asshole drivers. As a result, the small road trip ended up quite pleasant… dare I say relaxing. Strange.
Mtl is kinda renowned for its shitty drivers and road blocks.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yeah its all about where you are and the amount of traffic.

When I head out to the trail head, I'll often take the longer route and avoid going through towns and on the freeway, its just so much less stressful when you can just drive and not be on high alert the entire time.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah its all about where you are and the amount of traffic.

When I head out to the trail head, I'll often take the longer route and avoid going through towns and on the freeway, its just so much less stressful when you can just drive and not be on high alert the entire time.
Local driving style has a lot to do with it. Most people here drive like it is the fifth most important thing they are currently doing. It never helps in a location with a bunch of people who learned to drive somewhere else and there is a wide range of shitty driving styles. I find driving in heavy traffic in a place like Detroit to be fun. Everyone drives aggressively and follows the same basic rules, formal or not, few people from Florida or the PNW to fuck up the dynamic.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Hell yeah, i went out yesterday just to see all the cars in the ditch

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hell yeah, i went out yesterday just to see all the cars in the ditch
We got that experience in North Carolina a bunch of years ago. We were in Brevard and they got some freak ice storm or freezing rain on new years eve. Buddy and I had the brilliant idea of going up to the Blue Ridge Parkway the next morning - clearly our brains were a little foggy.

On the way up to the parkway there were soooooooooooooo many cars slammed into the ditch and into the rocks on the side of the road. It was a little freaky, as there is no cell service out there so I'm not sure how they all got out of there. But anyways, luckily I had my car with some nice winter tires and made it up there fine. We started down the parkway towards Ashville, only to find that the road was closed and we were forced off down this tiny road with a dozen switchbacks. That was a 'lil butt puckering, after seeing all those cars rammed into the rocks. :rofl:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
We got that experience in North Carolina a bunch of years ago. We were in Brevard and they got some freak ice storm or freezing rain on new years eve. Buddy and I had the brilliant idea of going up to the Blue Ridge Parkway the next morning - clearly our brains were a little foggy.

On the way up to the parkway there were soooooooooooooo many cars slammed into the ditch and into the rocks on the side of the road. It was a little freaky, as there is no cell service out there so I'm not sure how they all got out of there. But anyways, luckily I had my car with some nice winter tires and made it up there fine. We started down the parkway towards Ashville, only to find that the road was closed and we were forced off down this tiny road with a dozen switchbacks. That was a 'lil butt puckering, after seeing all those cars rammed into the rocks. :rofl:
I don't have to go that far. I can just drive north to NH on I-93 during a snow event, there will be plentiful brodozers in the ditches. :D

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Why would an American spend 30k minimum on a used Australian pickup converted to LHD?

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Inversely proportional to the obese population %.
Except for the Toyotas I had and my current truck, everything else has been a long bed. The bed in my current truck is almost too small, but I make it work. I'm willing to give up a little space for the extra cab.

<edit> for $3k you can do this to a Charger.

new charger front qtr_edited.jpg