Quantcast

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Came to a realization yesterday. Maybe I don’t hate driving. I know, strong words. Maybe it’s less about the driving and rather the context. Driving in and around the city, particularly with traffic and obtuse drivers isn’t fun, relaxing or even a good way to travel. I’m in california this week, and the bay area has no shortage of its traffic woes, but I was south a bit and the roads were clear and smooth. No weather to deal with and a minimum of asshole drivers. As a result, the small road trip ended up quite pleasant… dare I say relaxing. Strange.
Mtl is kinda renowned for its shitty drivers and road blocks.
my brother in law moved from NDG to Rigaud because the traffic was just too much. Everything was closed all around him. His offices are around the 15 and 20. Now he's fucked again caus' the Isle aux tourtes bridge is back down to one lane for the forseeable future. Happy happy joy joy.
Garbage roads is a generalized condition in the entire province. Oui oui, our roads are le crappy.
I always get a kick of people in Europe complaining about bad roads and potholes. I always feel like inviting them to drive here in Feb-March

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I know some of its been repaved and redone but the elevated parts of 15 or 20 would have anyone grabbing for the o-shit handle in the car. The expansion joints were more like jumps.

Was it the Champlain bridge that used to be horrible as well? I remember that one being a doozy.

Thank god for the 30 toll road, even if its a much longer distance, at least you can bypass most of that chaos if you don't have to stop in Montreal for some reason. Its worth the $3 or whatever it is.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I know some of its been repaved and redone but the elevated parts of 15 or 20 would have anyone grabbing for the o-shit handle in the car. The expansion joints were more like jumps.

Was it the Champlain bridge that used to be horrible as well? I remember that one being a doozy.

Thank god for the 30 toll road, even if its a much longer distance, at least you can bypass most of that chaos if you don't have to stop in Montreal for some reason. Its worth the $3 or whatever it is.
The entire Turcot interchange (x 15-20) and Champlain bridge are all brand new. Best driving sections in Mtl. The Metropolitan and Decarie on the other hand, oof.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
my brother in law moved from NDG to Rigaud because the traffic was just too much. Everything was closed all around him. His offices are around the 15 and 20. Now he's fucked again caus' the Isle aux tourtes bridge is back down to one lane for the forseeable future. Happy happy joy joy.

I always get a kick of people in Europe complaining about bad roads and potholes. I always feel like inviting them to drive here in Feb-March
Having to commute on the highways in mtl… don't know how people keep their sanity or any balance in their lives. Maybe if single.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Freshly broken in and no factory warranty to worry about.

Is that even legal for the manufacturer to do?

But man, what a hideous colour and paired with all that shiny black plastic trim on the front. The lower lip looks too exaggerated..

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Is that even legal for the manufacturer to do?

But man, what a hideous colour and paired with all that shiny black plastic trim on the front. The lower lip looks too exaggerated..
The new "anti-flip" rule is 6 months for the Z06. Ford did 2 years unable to sell.

It was ordered by one YouTuber, then sold before delivery to this guy who is selling it after a month and 1100 miles.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The new "anti-flip" rule is 6 months for the Z06. Ford did 2 years unable to sell.

It was ordered by one YouTuber, then sold before delivery to this guy who is selling it after a month and 1100 miles.
But can the manufacturer legally deny warranty coverage? Doesn't the Magnussen moss warranty act cover these shenanigans?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
But can the manufacturer legally deny warranty coverage? Doesn't the Magnussen moss warranty act cover these shenanigans?
It's in the purchase contract (sell before 6 months voids warranty) the buyer agrees to. It hasn't been challenged in court yet, but it's only been available for a couple months.

I know Ford sued John Cena when he sold his GT. They settled out of court for an undisclosed amount.

<edit> dealer memo

When vehicles are quickly resold, particularly by unauthorized dealers or other resellers that do not adhere to GM’s standards, the customer experience suffers and GM’s brands are damaged.” To help slow down those flippers, GM will be limiting the transferability of the Z06’s warranty and will bar the flipper from being able to place “Sold Orders” on future GM vehicles if they sell their Z06s within the first 12 months of ownership.
It's been reduced to 6 months so far.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It's in the purchase contract (sell before 6 months voids warranty) the buyer agrees to. It hasn't been challenged in court yet, but it's only been available for a couple months.

I know Ford sued John Cena when he sold his GT. They settled out of court for an undisclosed amount.

<edit> dealer memo

It's been reduced to 6 months so far.
"The brand is damaged" :rofl:

I'm guessing even with these restrictions, they are still letting their dealers sell for above the window sticker price?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
"The brand is damaged" :rofl:

I'm guessing even with these restrictions, they are still letting their dealers sell for above the window sticker price?
Of course. :rofl:

That awful yellow was $185k new and is bid up to $201k currently with a week to go. The regular stingrays have been selling for mid $80's on BaT since the Z came out. The Z is the only one with restrictions currently.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
If you can afford $800k for a Vette, I'm going to go ahead and say you can afford the repairs and warranty is irrelevant. I'd also hazard a guess that you're not planning on driving the thing and thus will never incur any repair bills anyway

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
A must-see channel for all car enthusiasts

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If you can afford $800k for a Vette, I'm going to go ahead and say you can afford the repairs and warranty is irrelevant. I'd also hazard a guess that you're not planning on driving the thing and thus will never incur any repair bills anyway
If you never drive it will never break down.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
If you never drive it will never break down.
True for a Corvette, but did just watch a video about McLaren F1 ownership and those thing’s apparently cost about $50k/year just to keep all the parts “current”. The clutch is on a 3 year replacement schedule even if you don’t drive it.

Gunna have to cross the F1 off my list of potential replacements for my Tacoma, just too high maintenance.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
True for a Corvette, but did just watch a video about McLaren F1 ownership and those thing’s apparently cost about $50k/year just to keep all the parts “current”. The clutch is on a 3 year replacement schedule even if you don’t drive it.

Gunna have to cross the F1 off my list of potential replacements for my Tacoma, just too high maintenance.
Maybe a nice utilitarian Ferrari

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

McLaren F1 is on a whole other level, I can't even imagine having one of those in my garage or under my car. With how much they're worth it's no wonder people are probably afraid to drive them on public roads.

Even cars that don't get driven break though. Like every Ferarri on the planet. It'll get old and release its fluids just like the folks in the old age homes. Or someone doesn't notice this, starts it up with no fluid in the weird complicated F1 transmission and boom, 20k service.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
If you can afford $800k, why would you buy a Vette is probably the better question.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

The fuel cell has a shelf life that's worse than the OG F40 with bladders. That video was depressing. But might as well drive that bitch then. :rofl:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Rowan Atkinson used to daily drive his F1 and crashed it more than once iirc.

I used to know someone who daily drove their F40 :/