Quantcast

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Wheel bearing took a shit in my f150 last Friday. Dealership says they cant look at it until March 9th. I say thats fine, it's not safe to drive, I'll just leave it at the dealership. Give me a loaner until you fix it under warranty. They complied with a nice red truck for me to drive. 5 days later they say my rig is fixed. I guess they want the loaner back.

Apparently these newer f150's have terrible wheel bearings and bearing has been changing part numbers every few months.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Sounds like you got gotten by the fallacy of unit bearings. I fucking hate those stupid things, "lifetime" bearings that cost 10-25x more than the old school roller bearings and last twice as long.

My Discovery used $9 Timken bearings, my Taco uses $175 bearings that don't even last as long as the brake pads. Progress!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Sounds like you got gotten by the fallacy of unit bearings. I fucking hate those stupid things, "lifetime" bearings that cost 10-25x more than the old school roller bearings and last twice as long.

My Discovery used $9 Timken bearings, my Taco uses $175 bearings that don't even last as long as the brake pads. Progress!
The tire store I took it to first said they could get a bearing out of Florida in 4 days for $950 + labor

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Jtfc, this thread is full of overvalued "bring a trailer" ads . What's your fucking point? All used car prices have gone up in the last few years. I'm loving the "pick a data point a be a dick about it" ... C'mon you're better than that.
Mclarens were never marketed as saving the world einstein.

Im literally referencing somethig said here on this forum, about that specific brand, regarding the 'trickle down' of getting more telsas specifically on the road to replace gas cars. Your feelings are oddly attached to a real shitty company. You should get that checked out. Its not healthy.

mY fUcKiNg pOiNt sensitive one, is the same one it's always been: mass consumerisim under a different guise, especially when it continues to drive all the same horrors as the oil industry, fixes nothing. Electric cars are simply a new chair arrangement on the titanic. Remote combustion vehicles will solve or save nothing except for new investment opportunities for people with money.

Man as soon as you find all those examples of me defending oil production and the industry behind it imma be in big trouble!

you can offset all that with carbonclick.com payments you know....

hint: they both suck. But it's apparently more fun to just ignore the realities of one of them. The people who made that graphic are an assemblage of multiple mansion owners and private jet flyers. There's a joke there if you can see after you're done catching on fire every time someone says something remotely mean about a car.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Mclarens were never marketed as saving the world einstein.

Im literally referencing somethig said here on this forum, about that specific brand, regarding the 'trickle down' of getting more telsas specifically on the road to replace gas cars. Your feelings are oddly attached to a real shitty company. You should get that checked out. Its not healthy.

mY fUcKiNg pOiNt sensitive one, is the same one it's always been: mass consumerisim under a different guise, especially when it continues to drive all the same horrors as the oil industry, fixes nothing. Electric cars are simply a new chair arrangement on the titanic. Remote combustion vehicles will solve or save nothing except for new investment opportunities for people with money.

Man as soon as you find all those examples of me defending oil production and the industry behind it imma be in big trouble!

you can offset all that with carbonclick.com payments you know....

hint: they both suck. But it's apparently more fun to just ignore the realities of one of them. The people who made that graphic are an assemblage of multiple mansion owners and private jet flyers. There's a joke there if you can see after you're done catching on fire every time someone says something remotely mean about a car.
well, you never specified that the picture you posted was a Tesla mining operation. You seem to conflate your hate of Tesla owners in California with all EVs the world over. No one's saying lithium and cobalt mining isn't bad, but you certainly never point out the negative effects of petroleum extraction. I guess it doesn't happen in your back yard so the whataboutism is legit?

I'm with you on mass consumerism. But its impacts are not limited to one company making 5 (or 6?) models of cars. The pearl clutching is also a bit ironic given your penchant for gasoline-powered sports...

also, I've never professed to being a Tesla fan. I dislike Musk as much as the next guy, and will never own a Tesla as a result.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
you certainly never point out the negative effects of petroleum extraction.
literally anyone from the PAWN forum to the courtesy phone please....literally anyone.....

you should change your avatar to one of the monkeys with their hands over their eyes

You make a lot of assumptions.....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My longtime friend/neighbor and his damn office window never disappoints

There are a few good roads downtown that have cams. Portland doesn't get much snow, but when it does...

This last dump was pretty impressive.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
There are a few good roads downtown that have cams. Portland doesn't get much snow, but when it does...

This last dump was pretty impressive.
whenever I see coastal snow up there the first thing I do is start looking for portland and seattle footage :rofl:

Those I can kinda get. But you come to tahoe in february with street slicks.....you deserve every bit of what you get. Fun Fact: the bottom of that hill is an open area straight into lake tahoe

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
whenever I see coastal snow up there the first thing I do is start looking for portland and seattle footage :rofl:

Those I can kinda get. But you come to tahoe in february with street slicks.....you deserve every bit of what you get. Fun Fact: the bottom of that hill is an open area straight into lake tahoe
There was a dude in a brodozer with 24" wheels and street slicks that I pulled out of the ditch 3 times in about 100'. I made sure he was billed each time. He was bitching that Dodge trucks were shit. I told him it wasn't the truck it was his choice of wheel/tire combo that was failing him. :rofl:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
There was a dude in a brodozer with 24" wheels and street slicks that I pulled out of the ditch 3 times in about 100'. I made sure he was billed each time. He was bitching that Dodge trucks were shit. I told him it wasn't the truck it was his choice of wheel/tire combo that was failing him. :rofl:
It's so funny to me when people think it's their vehicle that's the problem. Are your wheels spinning? Then it's doing it's job.

It's proof that all that AWD independent blah blah blah that gets in the way of 4wd marketing bullshit actually worked.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Lack of homer rating, so bad spelling is applied :p

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
literally anyone from the PAWN forum to the courtesy phone please....literally anyone.....

you should change your avatar to one of the monkeys with their hands over their eyes

You make a lot of assumptions.....
It’s no fun arguing with you anymore because you literally hate everything and simply outcynical any point. It’s boooooring. You sound like a twitter reply guy. Get off the hellsite and maybe get some therapy. You should probably move out of the town you now hate so much and is gonna burn down at some point anyway.
Like it or not, EVs are a positive step forward from gas cars and they are less evil. Your attitude of some sort of requirement for perfection is frankly pretty dumb. You increasingly sound like the stupidest sort of American these days.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It’s no fun arguing with you anymore because you literally hate everything and simply outcynical any point. It’s boooooring. You sound like a twitter reply guy. Get off the hellsite and maybe get some therapy. You should probably move out of the town you now hate so much and is gonna burn down at some point anyway.
Like it or not, EVs are a positive step forward from gas cars and they are less evil. Your attitude of some sort of requirement for perfection is frankly pretty dumb. You increasingly sound like the stupidest sort of American these days.
buy a carbon credit you'll feel better

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Just bought a 2014 Ford Escape for the missus. Her sister came back to town so no more free Tesla for her!

It came with a hitch, a roof rack, and near new Nokian HakkepelikAtiakka tires. I’m sure it will smoke my Durango come this weekend’s snowpocalypse

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator