Quantcast

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Oh, I've seen the stats re micro EVs taking over the Chinese market. They already have fantastic traffic there. A few hundred million more (small) cars will make that even better.

Just not relevant to my life.
And you're buying about 40% of how many EV's Europe buys.
My comment was about the state of the whole industry not 1 minor irelevant niche location. :)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Screenshot_20230421_001316_Instagram.jpg

the sound

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
As a city dweller in north america, I can relate to this.

What makes biking dangerous is all the cars. What makes the bus so slow is all the cars. What makes it so everything is too far away to walk is all the space we have to reserve for the cars.
-Adam Kotsko

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
That one is pretty screwed up, the Savagegeese guys did a pretty extensive test against the GT3 and it finished damn near at the exact same time as the regular GT3, which makes a lot of sense. The RS is way faster (on a course) with way more downforce. Also way more expensive with way more exotic engineering. Even the regular GT3 was putting down significantly faster numbers in the turns than the Z06, but the Z06 was beating it on the straights and accelerations. The Z06 wasn't slow in the turns, but there was some significant difference. Due to there not really being any significant difference in the turns in this test...I don't consider it to be a valid comparison between the GT3 RS and the Z06. The Savagegeese did it on the same day with the same tires, same tester, with teams from both manufacturers to help ensure as similar conditions and setups as possible. The Z06 did slightly edge out the GT3...but close enough that it's obvious the GT3 is the actual competition and how Chevrolet benchmarked it.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That one is pretty screwed up, the Savagegeese guys did a pretty extensive test against the GT3 and it finished damn near at the exact same time as the regular GT3, which makes a lot of sense. The RS is way faster (on a course) with way more downforce. Also way more expensive with way more exotic engineering. Even the regular GT3 was putting down significantly faster numbers in the turns than the Z06, but the Z06 was beating it on the straights and accelerations. The Z06 wasn't slow in the turns, but there was some significant difference. Due to there not really being any significant difference in the turns in this test...I don't consider it to be a valid comparison between the GT3 RS and the Z06. The Savagegeese did it on the same day with the same tires, same tester, with teams from both manufacturers to help ensure as similar conditions and setups as possible. The Z06 did slightly edge out the GT3...but close enough that it's obvious the GT3 is the actual competition and how Chevrolet benchmarked it.

Considering the price difference? Not bad, I say.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Interesting report on actual battery degradation in EVs, TL;DR it’s probably better than you think.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
They only made 209 of those things, so they are kind of special. And now that the STi has ended production, that isn't going to help things.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
We have recently seen a ton of the WRX fanbois trading in their Subarus for the Hyundai Elantra N. It must be getting some good press somewhere.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Askin' price and gettin' price are two different things. Maybe the spare tire is full of cocaine.

I just looked it up with my fancy apprasal tools, average wholesale is $94,000 :confused:
So I should be calling Givemethevin.com from Carmax's lot then? Buy for $40k, sell to wholesaler, take profit and invest in a Taycan Sport Tourismo? Sounds more reasonable than NFTs.

BRB, off to research my new investment strategy.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
So I should be calling Givemethevin.com from Carmax's lot then? Buy for $40k, sell to wholesaler, take profit and invest in a Taycan Sport Tourismo? Sounds more reasonable than NFTs.

you missed the S209 bit on the pricey one

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I too am about to hit my vacation accrual limit. But my use it or lose it sick day bank is about to roll over and I didn't want to get out of bed this morning so using one up.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

That's the site I was trying to remember earlier today that you'd posted as a suggestion to me before, sold our camper, now need to sell the pickup, thanks.