Quantcast

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Neighbor got a new Allroad last week. He had a mobile detailer come over last weekend, which seems strange for a new car. He has since then washed the car every day. Yesterday he spent a good 6 hours waxing and polishing it. Today he has already spent two hours washing it again. Not sure he has even driven it. OCD off the charts.

PXL_20230528_183534824~2.jpg

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Neighbor got a new Allroad last week. He had a mobile detailer come over last weekend, which seems strange for a new car. He has since then washed the car every day. Yesterday he spent a good 6 hours waxing and polishing it. Today he has already spent two hours washing it again. Not sure he has even driven it. OCD off the charts.

View attachment 194372

less rotational weight for more efficient acceleration

ELON IS A GENIUS!!!!!!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

View attachment 194372
I thought @Toshi bought a Mercedes?? :confused: :D

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

View attachment 194372
How does one care that much, while having to street park it?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
How does one care that much, while having to street park it?
No idea, seems like a path to disappointment. His previous car has been stolen twice and hit multiple times right in front of his house. Not to mention our disintegrating roads. Windshield got cracked today when the car in front of me hit a recently repaired pothole where the repair is already crumbling. This is one of the many bridges we have were you mostly drive on exposed rebar. I am sure the salt in winter is good for it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Someone is willing to pay $1M+ for 3 Tesla Roadsters that are bricked. :twitch:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Someone is willing to pay $1M+ for 3 Tesla Roadsters that are bricked. :twitch:

"The original purchaser was an R&D center for a Chinese auto company, that subsequently went bankrupt, and the assumption is these were purchased for reverse engineering to be disassembled."

Probably more of the same. Engineering is expensive, reverse engineering less so.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
"The original purchaser was an R&D center for a Chinese auto company, that subsequently went bankrupt, and the assumption is these were purchased for reverse engineering to be disassembled."

Probably more of the same. Engineering is expensive, reverse engineering less so.
Is there a lot to learn from 2008 EV technology? These were bad ass in 2008, but now with a dead battery? Sure. I know some folks have way too much money, so it's good for the economy or something.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
One could also acquire a non-bricked Roadster for way less than $333k. Something is wonky with that deal, but if they just want to get a Roadster in the most expensive way possible, I know where one is, but we're gunna need a rocket and some space suits.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Seems those Roadster parts are getting hard enough to find that Tesla is buying and hoarding them.
You could almost say that about all their cars. With changes every 2 years, the stuff from 8 years ago is tough to find and there isn't much aftermarket for it. Window motors and switches, door handles, suspension parts.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Those BBS centre caps used to like to fall off. I replaced several on my E30 BITD.