Oct 12, 2001
I’ll do a lot for my kid. Even attend this horrible event
14D781C3-4358-4F76-BB4A-AA4A303941FD.jpeg

this is the kids zone. Good job guys
6D4CAF09-E8DF-49B6-B1EB-462F20242182.jpeg

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
poor americans :) so many interesting vehicles around the world.
and when it blows a head gasket ....

my older brother had built a large single turbo 2.9L 12V VR6 corrado about 15 years ago that put out about 615 hp on race gas ...... when the head popped there was a chunk of metal missing between two cylinders as wide as my thumb.....i think that happened at rockingham....

the two or three times i was with him when he had it on the highway were fun...

and even gutted....that thing was not light..

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The proportions are a little wonky but the specs are pretty good.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I briefly worked for a small engineering company where a few of the engineers were co-owners. They were all super conservative religious types. One of the guys was telling me he was sad that his son wasn't interested in the family business. The kid traded the truck he had been given for a Solstice and moved to South Beach to be a photographer for show dogs.

I didn't have the heart to explain it to him.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
I briefly worked for a small engineering company where a few of the engineers were co-owners. They were all super conservative religious types. One of the guys was telling me he was sad that his son wasn't interested in the family business. The kid traded the truck he had been given for a Solstice and moved to South Beach to be a photographer for show dogs.

I didn't have the heart to explain it to him.

ENOUGH WEAKNESS!
FINISH HIM!!!!!

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Fucking morons doing everything under the sun on their smartphones while driving has a lot more to do with it than the size of the vehicle. :lighten:
That’s not what the report says. It points to vehicle size, more of them on the road and infrastructure (no sidewalks). It also points to speeding and a lack of enforcement from local governments that have cut back on this. I’m sure distraction and phones have an effect, but that’s not what is driving this increase.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Fucking morons doing everything under the sun on their smartphones while driving has a lot more to do with it than the size of the vehicle. :lighten:
I think it might be a combination of both. My mom was asking me why I don't bike with the boy through town, we could easily go through less busy side streets. But I feel that drivers are so distracted these days that it's not worth taking the risk...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I think it might be a combination of both. My mom was asking me why I don't bike with the boy through town, we could easily go through less busy side streets. But I feel that drivers are so distracted these days that it's not worth taking the risk...
This is how people drive cars
Traffic2.jpg

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
That’s not what the report says. It points to vehicle size, more of them on the road and infrastructure (no sidewalks). It also points to speeding and a lack of enforcement from local governments that have cut back on this. I’m sure distraction and phones have an effect, but that’s not what is driving this increase.
Thanks for that. I disagree with with the report. Hitting a person walking on the side of the road with a smart car or a ford f350 going 50mph is going to have the same outcome.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Thanks for that. I disagree with with the report. Hitting a person walking on the side of the road with a smart car or a ford f350 going 50mph is going to have the same outcome.
Yes, but look at the graph. Everyone has had a smartphone for 10 years. What is happening in the last 3-5? Their findings seem reasonable to me.