Quantcast

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
a week ago i saw a lotus elise on the road....

i forgot about those little fuckers....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

I would LOVE a sporty coupe EV.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

I would LOVE a sporty coupe EV.
Porsche is already doing this. Nissan has recently proven with the lackluster 400z that they have no idea what they are doing. Porsche will do it right.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Porsche is already doing this. Nissan has recently proven with the lackluster 400z that they have no idea what they are doing. Porsche will do it right.
The Taycan is incredible, the turbo S I drove was next level. It was also $150k used. :rofl:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Just recently? The body of evidence suggests Nissan not knowing what they are doing is a foundation of the company.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'm not talking about the Taycan, I'm talking about a sports coupe. The Cayman EV.
I'm just saying if the coupe is anything like the sedan, then it's a winner. Still not sure I can justify $150k, but maybe my lottery numbers hit.

<edit> looks like it might start at $80k, that's almost doable.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
  • Specifically, the analysis found that the electric Hyundai Kona, Canada’s second best-selling EV in 2021, is $17,800 cheaper to own than the gas-powered Kona with an average gas price of $2 per litre. Even at a gas price of $1.45, the Kona is still $10,500 cheaper. The electric Chevrolet Bolt offered even more cost savings, with the comparable gas-powered Toyota Corolla costing $22,000 more over its lifetime at a $2 gas price.
Is "hydro" free in Canada?
It's a minimum of $20 to get a full charge, $40+ on a fast charger and the Kona EV range is no where near what Hyundai claims it to be.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
It's a minimum of $20 to get a full charge, $40+ on a fast charger and the Kona EV range is no where near what Hyundai claims it to be.
commercial fast charging is a last ditch thing, or should be.

recharging from home on cheap electrons is The Way. and is much more convenient. my charging is basically free since our 13.94 kW PV array overproduces on the year relative to our consumption.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
dads new santa fe has heads up display....

the tundra gets to disappear....

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
commercial fast charging is a last ditch thing, or should be.
Fast charging availability, how long it takes and cost is the number one question from potential EV buyers. Followed by "how many miles can I actually drive on a full charge?".

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Fast charging availability, how long it takes and cost is the number one question from potential EV buyers. Followed by "how many miles can I actually drive on a full charge?".
tell me fast charging means it charges in the time it takes to fill up a tank of gas.....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I'd be more interested if the retail cost of that bolt was closer to the cost of the Corolla (or comparable).
It varies by region and government of course, but here in CO, my fully loaded leaf was (IIRC) 26K-ish out the door after tax rebates/credits/etc, making it cheaper than pretty much every other 4 door, family friendly, no fun comparable car I was looking at, at the time.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I'd be lying if I said I'm shocked that the average car buyer enters the process this uninformed. I bet they also love 8 year loans because the monthly payment is "affordable".

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'd be lying if I said I'm shocked that the average car buyer enters the process this uninformed. I bet they also love 8 year loans because the monthly payment is "affordable".
times I have actually had to quick charge in driving BEV vehicles for quite a few years/miles now: 0. although yesterday's trip to the mountains starting from 80% was cutting it a bit close. my bad there. :D

(i've done it on a lark when I've had free credits at Superchargers/Chargepoint/Electrify America/Blink.)

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
tell me fast charging means it charges in the time it takes to fill up a tank of gas.....
Ummmmmmm not exactly. We have 2 fast chargers at work, I watch people all day waste their time and money sitting on the chargers. Ford Lightning owners are here a solid 40-45 minutes.