Quantcast

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Looks like crap IMO with the truncated cockpit. And my NA car is just as fast and furious. Not sure what the draw is.
Yeah it looks horrendous, it's like a TT, a Lambo and an MR2 all rolled in to one.
Maybe Leepu designed it, hahaha!
1700822844031.png

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Looks like crap IMO with the truncated cockpit. And my NA car is just as fast and furious. Not sure what the draw is.
It's pure analog and will kill you with the push of a pedal in any gear. I've never been a fan of the look, but it's a solid performer. For me it's the analog aspect of it. And how the hell do you NOT drive it. That's mind bottling.

download (1).jpeg

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
@jimmydean ....shcuppan-porsche 962 road car...1 of 6....34 miles....stretching the legs....

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Fuck VW. They should have been put out of business after the emissions shenanigan's.
:stupid:

"CEO Thomas Schaffer, who blamed low productivity and high costs for the impending cuts."
Or... maybe your new cars are half-assed attempts of copying other people's homework, while cutting corners (e.g. big bloated electric CUV with shit range and no heatpump). Learn what makes people like you and your brand, and make cars for them.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Fuck VW. They should have been put out of business after the emissions shenanigan's.
You are aware of the fact that their permanent workers are some of the best paid in the car biz (at least in Germany)? They get some pretty good benefits.

Regarding emissions: pretty intersting that they were the only ones getting busted for that. Basically all diesel cars did that, however, the US government only went after VW and not Fiat Chrysler, GM, Mercedes.... :rolleyes:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
You are aware of the fact that their permanent workers are some of the best paid in the car biz (at least in Germany)? They get some pretty good benefits.

Regarding emissions: pretty intersting that they were the only ones getting busted for that. Basically all diesel cars did that, however, the US government only went after VW and not Fiat Chrysler, GM, Mercedes.... :rolleyes:
Pretty sure that other ones did pay fines and we did go after them, but the level of collusion and cover up with VW far exceeded the others.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Hahaha! "Meanwhile, much of the range—both electric and gas-powered—is saddled with temperature and volume controls that are touch-sensitive but not backlit, making them all but impossible to use at night."
There's logic, then there's German logic.
Why do you need to adjust these things if you are German? Heating always shut off, music always turned to 11. Zee german wayz. ;)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Pretty sure that other ones did pay fines and we did go after them, but the level of collusion and cover up with VW far exceeded the others.
Wasn't one of the big differences between VW and most others:

1) they all flat out lied about emissions

2) vw took it another step and built systems/functions into their cars specifically to cheat emissions standards. On top of lying.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

2) vw took it another step and built systems/functions into their cars specifically to cheat emissions standards. On top of lying.
I know they worked with vendors, possibly Bosch, and instructed them specifically to make the cheating software/functions.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Why do you need to adjust these things if you are German? Heating always shut off, music always turned to 11. Zee german wayz. ;)
i adjust the heating in my seats...do not like sweaty back....

heating in all my modern vw's was always between mildly warm and gates of hell hot....

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008

Sure, all other companies were making cars that did not cheat emissions but "protect the engine in certain driving situations". :rolleyes:
If you believe that, I have a used, clean diesel car to sell to you. ;)

Some say it was a nice way for the US government to eliminate a competitor of the domestic car industry. :tinfoil:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Sure, all other companies were making cars that did not cheat emissions but "protect the engine in certain driving situations". :rolleyes:

Some say it was a nice way for the US government to eliminate a competitor of the domestic car industry. :tinfoil:
Not the first time these tactics have been used.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I know they worked with vendors, possibly Bosch, and instructed them specifically to make the cheating software/functions.
Bosch for sure did not sell this to any other car company ever. Impossible! :no:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Just for the record, I'm not defending any of them. And for transparency, I drive a VW.

Personally, I don't think any auto maker gives two shits about the environment, or the people that buy their cars to be honest. They seem happy selling over priced iPod like gadget contraptions to the millions that need new cars.

And I mean really... VW, BMW and others are made in the USA. So they aren't completely foreign or import cars.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Bosch for sure did not sell this to any other car company ever. Impossible! :no:
Again, it appears to be the egregiousness that VW conspired and got away with in this case. That's a huge reason why two cases for the same infraction can have severely different results/penalties/jail terms and so on. To really get into it, you have to go download and read the court docs. The answer is usually in there. Typically, people over-react when they see that so and so "only got" a certain sentence for a crime, but that's typically because there are significant mitigating factors. When it's reversed, it's typically because there are significant aggravating factors. When there are not and there is an unequal sentence, then the plaintiff usually has firm grounds for an appeal and re-sentencing.

I seem to recall VW was very blatant with their purpose to cheat, the number of vehicles, the time period, their knowledge of it and intentional deception, and so on.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I seem to recall VW was very blatant with their purpose to cheat, the number of vehicles, the time period, their knowledge of it and intentional deception, and so on.
I think they were the only company that was stupid (german) enough to leave a paper trail so that this could be proven. All others deleted/shredded the files and documents in good time and got away with it.

Fuck all car companies! They should produce basic cars to get from A to B as cheap and efficient as possible and not lifestyle accessories. Especially VW, they were the people's car maker with cheap and reliable products. Look what they have become now? Focused on expensive SUVs and electric cars for rich folks. Where are the small city cars, affordable family minivans and station cars?
And no, cars do not have to be fun and fast, I ride bikes and motorcycles for that.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Cybertruck might be the dumbest looking vehicle released this century. Prove me wrong.
the front of every bmw or audi in the last 5-10 years with the 2 foot tall grill and the same shitty headlights....

toyota landcruisers/lexus variant...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
In before JBP calls it a fucking waste of space and resources. :D

Also,
:popcorn:
i want to say it was near asheville that there was a wrecking yard you could see from the highway that had a red 911 sitting on the top of a stack of cars like a diamond on a pile of shit.