AK

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
turn the earth into swiss cheese to save it....sounds right.

this video warms my heart

Strange that GM would choose to make this as a priority in the EV segment. There has to be a better business case than a super expensive truck with horrible design and efficiency. A Tesla Model Y segment medium size SUV seems more what the world is buying these days globally or at least a more usable truck if only US. If it was a halo/image product to drive sales elsewhere I can't see that rational either.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Strange that GM would choose to make this as a priority in the EV segment. There has to be a better business case than a super expensive truck with horrible design and efficiency. A Tesla Model Y segment medium size SUV seems more what the world is buying these days globally or at least a more usable truck if only US. If it was a halo/image product to drive sales elsewhere I can't see that rational either.
because they can make 3 of them and people will talk about them. It takes time and scale to make a car people can actually afford and want to buy. The model 3 took forever compared to the model S, and the model Y even longer than that. GM can simultaneously appeal to the "true believer" and the "truck bro" stereotypes with one godawful vehicle.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I give up, I need a truck (ground clearance) for this 3rd world bullshit. Probably a Taco because Kidwoo would approve.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I give up, I need a truck (ground clearance) for this 3rd world bullshit. Probably a Taco because Kidwoo would approve.
Mine just missed hitting 300k miles this year. It’s starting to show some signs of wear, but I think I can get another 200k miles out of it. Every now and then I think about getting a newer nicer car…then I look at newer “nicer” trucks and cars. FTS.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
My understanding is that a Tesla robot attacked the Honda driver and then the Cybertruck crashed into the Honda as well. Then the Cybertruck caught on fire later and 150,000,000 gallons of water was needed to quench the conflagration.

Despite all of this the eagle of freedom flew down and lifted the Honda driver to safety while playing God Bless America on bagpipes once owned by Thomas Jefferson.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
oh it definitely is

I get to laugh at their failures daily :rofl:
Because of bad drivers or cars breaking down?

It's the most sold car in Denmark this year. Reason being EVs has very little tax vs ICE you with very high tax and of course its size and functionality fits in with the needs of Mr and Ms Denmark

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
the EV9 is getting good reviews, I gather. I hope they do well and replace all the Tellurides and Highlanders of the world. A first step to e-cargo bike domination.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Because of bad drivers or cars breaking down?
Yes

they're the same here, basically gov't subsidized. The company especially and for a while the consumer purchases.

then our hair gel for a governor just outright banned ICE vehicles after 2035

they're sure not getting bought up on durability and reputation

don't get'em wet! :rofl:

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Some interesting small trucks in mexico that are unavailable in canada and I presume the US. Renault, ram and saw a similar vw too.

IMG_7805.jpeg
IMG_7806.jpeg
IMG_7807.jpeg

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I love the micro trucks in the carribean/elsewhere. I really wanted a mitsubishi 200 or whatever it was. Every time I start looking at those, I realize an SUV with a hitch rack would solve my needs better than a small pickup. ::shrug::

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
expensive tow job

I bet there is still some Youtuber out there getting ready for his next series called "I bought the cheapest TRX" when he sees this.