Quantcast

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
jimmydean, what you should do is find the cheapest lease on a Kona Electric or Leaf or bZ4X whatever is leasing well. and then drive that for 2 years while saving money.

imo, that is.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It’s cool but i feel it would get boring without being able to hear/feel the exhilaration of the engine. IDK.
That's kinda how I felt until I drove the Taycan Turbo S. Of course it was $158k USED, but you know. The 0-60 is legit. The lack of sound is weird, but the titanium exhaust I had on the Vette was quiet compared to the stereo.

I have a friend with a Model S Plaid (also has a 1300hp GT-R) and another who has the Model X Performance (sold his GT-R to buy it). Both swear by the performance and I take their word.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Spotted this dude today. Right hand drive Ineos Granadier, with Australia New South Wales plates.

Long way from home eh?

That's pretty weird, would that be legal?
That's the colour my brother in law has, it hopefully has different NSW plates.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
That's pretty weird, would that be legal?
That's the colour my brother in law has, it hopefully has different NSW plates.
Well judging by the lady on her phone in the passenger seat, it didn't look stolen. So your bro should be good. :brows:

Not sure about legal, I assume here in North America, as long as you have insurance you're probably good*.

*unless you drive in California, where you might get cancer.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Well F me, I did two races today and won them both, one in the wet even, at the Porsche Club of America. Didn't even need a Porsche.

rH_vqNhqxmBUG7TIPM3hjVbLnaduU2ABLyYDRNoTo_4-2048x1536.jpg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
If they came in a coupe, I'd be down with that.

I thought the GTO was basically a Camaro?
GTO is the older chassis with the 5.7. It's not horrible, but the G8/SS/Commodore is the full meal deal IMO, with 4 doors. Also with a plethora of mod options.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
If it wasn't for the awful red interior, damn.

Red, tan and white interiors are for people that don't drive cars and live pampered lives IMO. You never know when you got a little shit on your ass and you need black interiors to suck that up.

The LFA is an interesting one though. It gets hit on for the transmission, being auto but not DCT. Lexus poured a ton of money into it...but my car does everything that car does...and better.

VIR:
2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE, 2:54.8
2012 Lexus LFA, 2:55.1

Mine's an analog monster. I am killing it this season in Autocross with my 19" wheels and Azenis RT660 tires. It took me a couple races to figure out the PSI split and heat-cycle em, but holy f*ck, I won two races last weekend in open class and in expert I would have taken 4th. Friend in a Cayman S (excellent autoX car BTW) was saying "every time I thought I had it, then you did your lap and found found extra time somehow". To be killing it this well in a Camaro blows everyone's minds...but the chassis is just that good.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Red, tan and white interiors are for people that don't drive cars and live pampered lives IMO. You never know when you got a little shit on your ass and you need black interiors to suck that up.

The LFA is an interesting one though. It gets hit on for the transmission, being auto but not DCT. Lexus poured a ton of money into it...but my car does everything that car does...and better.

VIR:
2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE, 2:54.8
2012 Lexus LFA, 2:55.1

Mine's an analog monster. I am killing it this season in Autocross with my 19" wheels and Azenis RT660 tires. It took me a couple races to figure out the PSI split and heat-cycle em, but holy f*ck, I won two races last weekend in open class and in expert I would have taken 4th. Friend in a Cayman S (excellent autoX car BTW) was saying "every time I thought I had it, then you did your lap and found found extra time somehow". To be killing it this well in a Camaro blows everyone's minds...but the chassis is just that good.
Yeah, but still. The Vette is like $5k cheaper and lower in miles while being 10 years older on average. The only reason I was considering the GTO is it can be had for less than $18k vs $20k+ on the Vette.

But if I then spend $3k on body mods just to make the GTO livable, the Vette is still the way to go.

VIR full course (Car and Driver hot laps):

Corvette C6 Z513:01.20
Camaro SS 1LE Perfo..3:01.50