Quantcast

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
@Toshi should have hung in there.

It would be amusing if the wait list turned out to be driven by fake orders, causing nazimobile to gear up for a big production run, just to have the fake orders yanked at the end to pull the carpet out from under nazimobile.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
You know what would also be a shame?
someone with a twitter account (I don't) going onto twitter and trolling Elon with that, so that his paranoia/manchild kicks in and he has his usual overreaction.
Going by past results, that should help trash his brands even more.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I need snow tires. Are these infamous Blizzak's worth the extra coin? I don't need other suggestions these are the 2 that fit and I don't need or want studded tires. Thank you!
$353 per tire for BLizzak
bridgestone-blizzak-dmv2_1_1_2_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1.jpg

$261 for Glacier Grip
Mastercraft_Courser_MSR_lg_super.jpg

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Blizzaks are fine. I like my Hakka RX SUV, too. I think they're up to R5 now. Discount Tire has 'em

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
h
I need snow tires. Are these infamous Blizzak's worth the extra coin? I don't need other suggestions these are the 2 that fit and I don't need or want studded tires. Thank you!
View attachment 220096

$261 for Glacier Grip
View attachment 220095
I've never heard of "Mastercraft" tires and I'd wager they are going to be *vastly* inferior to Blizzak. I wasn't able to find much in a quick search, but if you can find *actual* performance data, that should help to confirm.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
View attachment 220096

$261 for Glacier Grip
View attachment 220095
Spendy but worth it. Costco had the best price when I got them for the wife's rig. I also got her some wheels and mounted the summers on the fancy wheel and the winters on her OEM's.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
What temp is the ground? In CA, we would get snow...but it would always be wet/slushy and the ground would be warm. Really anything outside of an AT or tire with chains was pretty crap, despite there being "snow tires". Here were the temp is cold and the ground stays cold, a dedicated snow tire does good and the Blizzaks are good. I remember a few tests where they and a few of the good name brand ones were all closely rated, but not all of the ones tested were rated high, there were some that were pretty far below. Grip on relatively packed snow is what these are all about, not fording through a foot or two of wet dump.