Quantcast

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Grotesque.
Saw a Holden Commodore today driving back from the race. Or at least it looked like a Holden Commodore, could have been a Chevy SS with Holden panels or something. They are the same car essentially, but we get some odd stuff up here, like old BMW iXs that were never imported to the US, 2 generations before the "X" showed up in the lower 48.

crashmtb

Chimp
Dec 14, 2020
Saw a Holden Commodore today driving back from the race. Or at least it looked like a Holden Commodore, could have been a Chevy SS with Holden panels or something. They are the same car essentially, but we get some odd stuff up here, like old BMW iXs that were never imported to the US, 2 generations before the "X" showed up in the lower 48.
Could’ve been an actual holden one, anything Jan 2006 build and older can be imported with minimal hassle

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i used to see a gto conversion around town...

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
There are still "new" SLS's available, damn.

View attachment 154761

That is my all time favorite car, ever.
There is a 2011 for sale my hood for $140k with like 10k miles. I would so buy it if I had the money, and keep it for next 30 years.

That car is pretty much depreciation proof, and most likely a million dollar car at the 2045 barrett jackson auction.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Those cars are pretty to look at. I can't see myself ever buying one even if I had the money. I'm more of a 4x4 truck/ jeep (style) kind of guy. If it can't get me down a dirt road to a trail head or a stream with my toys I really have no use for it. My Mercedes 280 Sport ( acquired for free) sits in my driveway unused for weeks at a time. I'd rather drive my truck.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
That is my all time favorite car, ever.
There is a 2011 for sale my hood for $140k with like 10k miles. I would so buy it if I had the money, and keep it for next 30 years.

That car is pretty much depreciation proof, and most likely a million dollar car at the 2045 barrett jackson auction.
150k, +5k/year (insurance, maintenance), 30 years in an index fund. There's your million.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I'd be pretty annoyed with them too if I had to torque 144 bolts on the beadlocks plus 32 lug nuts.

But your point about motorized offroad travel is taken. I have mixed feelings on the matter too.