Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Doesn't he basically "already have one"? Just need a couple free weekends and a monster set of tools...
I sold the Tesla in July, and the wife wouldn't think kindly of having the FWD PHEV drivetrain in her minivan transplanted into the Land Cruiser's body.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
But does it bend?

Waiting for youtuber to send one Duke boys style.
Talked to the guy who drove it for the SuperDerp commercial, they hucked it to flat, did not bend. His claim is that this new 5 link rear suspension is as big of an improvement over the current leaf sprung Raptor as the leaf sprung Raptor was over the regular f150. He has also driven the TRX and claims the Raptor with it's weak 500hp engine is head and shoulders better. Ford paid him a lot of money though, so his opinions may be biased.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Talking about the GT3 touring in the BMW forum, it's really only missing the wing and it's not a "touring" car by any stretch. Even a Turbo S isn't "touring" in the same way a big mercedes coupe is. The GT3 "touring" is one of those more limited runs that people are buying to not drive it and sell it for more later on. If you're going to get a GT3, do the right thing and track it.

It never fails though, right next to the guy claiming that he drives rwd in the snow on racing slicks, there's the one saying whatever car is "fine" as a daily drive and that the suspension is "not harsh". I wouldn't trust these people with any aspect of my life.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
This thread is well timed. I have been binge watching "The Grand Tour" lately. Only thing better than watching 3 overly entitled, rich as sh!t morons with bad teeth wreck expensive sh1t is reading about wrecking expensive sh!t...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Talked to the guy who drove it for the SuperDerp commercial, they hucked it to flat, did not bend. His claim is that this new 5 link rear suspension is as big of an improvement over the current leaf sprung Raptor as the leaf sprung Raptor was over the regular f150. He has also driven the TRX and claims the Raptor with it's weak 500hp engine is head and shoulders better. Ford paid him a lot of money though, so his opinions may be biased.
Jalopnik just posted the gif of it hitting about 10 feet of air to a near flat landing and supposedly they did it 8 times without issue. Respect.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Jalopnik just posted the gif of it hitting about 10 feet of air to a near flat landing and supposedly they did it 8 times without issue. Respect.

Is that w/ a pinkbike ruler? ;)

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Wonder if they disabled the airbags prior to the jump, or let their stunt driver take it to the face that first time.

And I have a hard time believing you can jump that truck in stock form 8x like that and not sustain major damage.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The idea of something like a trophy truck is very attractive to me. This is why I don't care about the TRX how many my-little-ponys, it's really the off-road capability and suspension travel with decent power that seems to be the point and it's a cool niche. The Ford can generate massive torque with some mods and you aren't going to be going 150mph anyway off-road, you just need enough for the off-road stuff.

That said, I think there's a better video of the raptor breaking in half when someone else jumped it. It either broke in half or the bed folded up or something. Despite being very capable, it's still not a trophy truck. In the above video, they are jumping it into sand, so that's kind of a non-starter already.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Wonder if they disabled the airbags prior to the jump, or let their stunt driver take it to the face that first time.

And I have a hard time believing you can jump that truck in stock form 8x like that and not sustain major damage.
You can probably fall from higher in soft sand and not die.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
people like street every-day cars to have "race-car" parts.... until race-car parts start doing race-car partsy stuff... like being noisy when cold or requiring service every few hours and replacement monthly.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The idea of something like a trophy truck is very attractive to me. This is why I don't care about the TRX how many my-little-ponys, it's really the off-road capability and suspension travel with decent power that seems to be the point and it's a cool niche. The Ford can generate massive torque with some mods and you aren't going to be going 150mph anyway off-road, you just need enough for the off-road stuff.

That said, I think there's a better video of the raptor breaking in half when someone else jumped it. It either broke in half or the bed folded up or something. Despite being very capable, it's still not a trophy truck. In the above video, they are jumping it into sand, so that's kind of a non-starter already.
The first rev of that truck bent hitting a speed bump, hence my first post. But it sounds like they learned a lot and beefed it up.

I wouldn't try Baja in it still.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn

Matt Jones should gainer one