Quantcast

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Thought all you brits were lords or barons or some shit. Lookit Brendog or Bernard

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
@Full Trucker to the white courtesy phone in an ancient VW Beetle please :D
Right? These motherscratchers talking about “I wouldn’t Baja in that...” pffft. Gimme any goram vehicle 50 years newer with twice the wheelbase, twice the track width, twice the suspension, and ten times the ponies and I’ll Baja the ever living shit out of it. And power steering? Don’t get me started.

:D

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland

»I worked this commercial two weeks ago of new Raptor that was released today. This was one of eight jumps and Stock Raptor drove away. »

That looks like an issue to me.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Right? These motherscratchers talking about “I wouldn’t Baja in that...” pffft. Gimme any goram vehicle 50 years newer with twice the wheelbase, twice the track width, twice the suspension, and ten times the ponies and I’ll Baja the ever living shit out of it. And power steering? Don’t get me started.

:D
I would TRY for sure, but my expectations would be at appropriate levels for my chances of success.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I would TRY for sure, but my expectations would be at appropriate levels for my chances of success.
With an attrition rate well over 50% most years across all classes including TTs, this is a SMRT and reasonable expectation. Let me know when you acquire said Raptor or trophy truck, I'm a helluva co-driver.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Talk about a hot hatch, damn.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The Disco Volante of cars

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Real Porsche Price© (RPP) is 1.5 x base price. This is without the extravagant options, just the normal ones that most people want, like floormats, etc.
Same for completable type truck though - King's Ranch, for example

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Golf R Estate testing. If that trailer hitch makes it to the produciton version I might be tempted. Not a fan of the steep rear window, I prefer my Golfs boxy and spacious.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
That golfeR estate looks amazing. Too bad it won't be imported because wAgOnS dOn'T sElL

I'm excited about this: https://www.motor1.com/news/488325/2022-hyundai-santa-cruz-spy-photos/
+

A compact unibody pickup truck with a non-retarded drivetrain? I guess that will work.
Have you seen Hyundai's new variable valve geometry set up? It's pretty rad, variable timing and duration.

Not sure which vehicle will get it first.

EDIT- I may have asked/mentioned it before, my memory sucks.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Have you seen Hyundai's new variable valve geometry set up? It's pretty rad, variable timing and duration.

Not sure which vehicle will get it first.

EDIT- I may have asked/mentioned it before, my memory sucks.
I wasn't aware of it. I'm always a little hesitant over weird engine technology. Infiniti's variable compression engine is a huge technological masterpiece that doesn't really improve efficiency nor power compared to normal stuff and especially to hybrid or electrics... My alfa has a SOHC with some sort of weird valve setup, but that car is such a piece of shit that I have no doubt they'll all explode in 10 years.

I really like what hyundai/kia are doing in terms of overall quality and are putting together some awesome vehicles...this one could be great for a truck that doesn't mind commuting.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Golf R Estate testing. If that trailer hitch makes it to the produciton version I might be tempted. Not a fan of the steep rear window, I prefer my Golfs boxy and spacious.

Would buy, but we don't get shit like that here...:(