Quantcast

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I don't. It's been below -10°F for the better part of a week here, and my block heater has helped get the car running and rolling very nicely. And yes, I had to spec the block heater at the dealership when I bought it. They tried to tell me it was a waste of money; I told them to just install the thing.
fancypants!

me n' JM gotta open the window from the attic to throw molatov cocktails on our shit just to free them up from the glacier

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
people actually take up all that space with get this.............cars

yeah cars, those dumb things people here are obligated to buy just so they can drive to a place every day to make enough money to pay for the car and a place to protect it

insanity
FWIW: my car lives in the garage, way to unsafe to store bikes in there.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
No, i just have 17 inch wheels with Wildpeak trail tires.
Ah, got it. With the black cladding it's hard to tell how big the gap is.

The Crosstrek was almost stripped of everything. Kind of nice to have all the amenities!

I asked about an Onyx, figuring the only real difference to the Wilderness was the lift and tires, but they couldn't get one.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Saw a RAV4 Prime and an Outlander PHEV on the road yesterday. Both oddly with CT plates.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
people actually take up all that space with get this.............cars

yeah cars, those dumb things people here are obligated to buy just so they can drive to a place every day to make enough money to pay for the car and a place to protect it

insanity
Parking my car in the garage in the winter is 100% about convenience. It makes getting going very quick. That and never having to move for snow removal. When the Mrs used to take the car to work, she loved hopping in and going.

It’s an unusually large 1-car garage though there is also plenty of space for bikes and projects.

I’ve only ever had difficulty starting my car in the winter. That was when we street parked and itwas -24C, two cars ago. Still started up, grudgingly. Everything felt stiff, even the clutch and brake pedal.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Parking my car in the garage in the winter is 100% about convenience. It makes getting going very quick. That and never having to move for snow removal. When the Mrs used to take the car to work, she loved hopping in and going.

It’s an unusually large 1-car garage though there is also plenty of space for bikes and projects.

I’ve only ever had difficulty starting my car in the winter. That was when we street parked and itwas -24C, two cars ago. Still started up, grudgingly. Everything felt stiff, even the clutch and brake pedal.
i rEaD oN tHe iNtErNeT tHaT yOu sHoUlDnT wArM uP yOuR cAr

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
i rEaD oN tHe iNtErNeT tHaT yOu sHoUlDnT wArM uP yOuR cAr
You have a garage too, right? Where do you park your sleds otherwise? I also remember one of your biking videos from back in the day had the most brilliant ending. It was shot from inside a garage, with the door as a frame to the falling snow outside. Closing the door ended the shot. That was cool.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Ah shit, I remember that vid. Good re-watch while the snow falling outside doesn't bother piling up higher than the mounds of salt the NYDS unloaded on the streets

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Are those the original tires?

For a few extra dollars they should have the missing "O" and the crooked from bumper.

Did @roflbox find his?

Also... :bad:

“Brooooooo that Bronco is sooo sick dude.” Said Kyle.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Missed when my car rolled over to 300000km's, so now I don't know how many miles are on the car*. Oops.

*don't know the extent of it, but Toyota Matrix of this vintage suffers from an odometer that stops functioning at 299999.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Love the proportions on this car.
When I first saw pictures of the GT I thought it was small, like Miata or Z4 sized until I saw one in person. The SLS is just so extra. I am not usually drawn to Mercedes, but the GT and all it's variations are just tops.

The GT Black set the 'Ring record and it's front engine rear drive. That's just nutty.