Quantcast

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
supply/demand. No shortage of 90s corvettes out there. Less than 4000 type r were built. Between the two I would prefer the type r… but I wouldn’t pay that money for the privilege! Corvette at less than 20k seems like a deal.
There are less than 700 (I think) LT4 Corvettes not painted blue with stripes (Grand Sport) and only 1000 of those. While still not an LT5 (Lotus design hand built by Mercury Marine), the LT4 is legit. One year only, required a 6 speed manual to order the option.

Yes, there are lots of C4's (one less thanks to me) but the 96 LT4 is the best non ZR1 C4 Corvette. And while the ZR1 is totally bad ass, try and find parts for one.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
There are less than 700 (I think) LT4 Corvettes not painted blue with stripes (Grand Sport) and only 1000 of those. While still not an LT5 (Lotus design hand built by Mercury Marine), the LT4 is legit. One year only, required a 6 speed manual to order the option.

Yes, there are lots of C4's (one less thanks to me) but the 96 LT4 is the best non ZR1 C4 Corvette. And while the ZR1 is totally bad ass, try and find parts for one.
Interesting – wasn't aware I was looking at something special. However, as a non-corvette person... it's all splitting hairs to me! ;)

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Interesting – wasn't aware I was looking at something special. However, as a non-corvette person... it's all splitting hairs to me! ;)
True. Clint's car is the traditional Torch Red with tan interior. He put chrome Z06 wheels on it and it's really stunning. He drives it maybe once a year to a show or a meet. But it just sits covered in his garage. It's never seen a drop of rain or been driven when wet. It's brand new underneath.

I tell him they are way funner to drive than to dust. But he's saving it for something. :rofl:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
True. Clint's car is the traditional Torch Red with tan interior. He put chrome Z06 wheels on it and it's really stunning. He drives it maybe once a year to a show or a meet. But it just sits covered in his garage. It's never seen a drop of rain or been driven when wet. It's brand new underneath.

I tell him they are way funner to drive than to dust. But he's saving it for something. :rofl:
I don't get the garage queen thing. Saving it for what exactly? :) Whatever money you think you'll gain would be better used as an investment in the smiles you'll have by using it. If it's money you want... put your money it in an investment account and move on, not cars!

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I don't get the garage queen thing. Saving it for what exactly? :) Whatever money you think you'll gain would be better used as an investment in the smiles you'll have by using it. If it's money you want... put your money it in an investment account and move on, not cars!
But cars are way cooler than Bitcoin. It's the absurd sums of money spent on cars built to be driven that kills me.

How many millions on this track?

Last edited:

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
If this sells for less than $20k with an Integra Type R going for over $100k, that would be weird. Clint is gonna be pissed because my guess is he paid close to $30k if not more for his with barely a few more miles.

A popular YouTube channel just briefly touched on initial reactions toward this listing being some sort of money-laundering, which got quashed before video-end. Only reason - little far-fetched but bear with me - is somehow this sale entering the radius of Paul Manafort Jr operations in the state. Just across the Southington line in Plainville is what was a former Buick Dealership that is now a motorsport showroom by some extension of Paul Manafort, former New Britain Mayor. And just before the line, what was the 'Blue Parrot' since returning home to CT is 'HOL⅃YWOOD' home for pole-dancing strippers and lap dances. It'd only have validity within oh-so-vital metaverse of Barrel-Shouting Meatball Donald Drumpf. ... is interesting how the talking point/general topic was brought up.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
A popular YouTube channel just briefly touched on initial reactions toward this listing being some sort of money-laundering, which got quashed before video-end. Only reason - little far-fetched but bear with me - is somehow this sale entering the radius of Paul Manafort Jr operations in the state. Just across the Southington line in Plainville is what was a former Buick Dealership that is now a motorsport showroom by some extension of Paul Manafort, former New Britain Mayor. And just before the line, what was the 'Blue Parrot' since returning home to CT is 'HOL⅃YWOOD' home for pole-dancing strippers and lap dances. It'd only have validity within oh-so-vital metaverse of Barrel-Shouting Meatball Donald Drumpf. ... is interesting how the talking point/general topic was brought up.
I have no idea what you have just written.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Should also mention that there's never ever any business at the joint. All the eye candy and, never any customers. It's nothing like Wayne Carini's F40 Motorsport and, never will be.
Wayne was a good BMX'r BITD...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Some of the best.

01a65d724aa8c856d35aa1fff09ebde88c114f1af3.jpg

1643429510521.png

1643429572569.png

Not sure what that new V12 car above is, but it's hard to beat these lines...3 seat layout was one of the things that made the F1 so special. No 3 seat, no care...

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I remember when the Outback was the off-road version of the Legacy...
I remember seeing an outback park on a slight dirt mound at some MTB trails, it was fucked, two wheels spinning and no drive.
I felt really sad for the vehicle, I doubt a cheap standard height FWD wouldn't have had an issue getting off what It was 'stuck' on.

My old man has an 05 Outback and it is the Klein Mantra of the car world.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I remember seeing an outback park on a slight dirt mound at some MTB trails, it was fucked, two wheels spinning and no drive.
I felt really sad for the vehicle, I doubt a cheap standard height FWD wouldn't have had an issue getting off what It was 'stuck' on.

My old man has an 05 Outback and it is the Klein Mantra of the car world.
That doesn't really make sense, since Subaru's system is one that does not send power to the spinning wheels, it turns all the wheels no matter what, especially useful for getting un-stuck. I used it a few times with my WRX like this and remember back when we put a 4 runner in a ditch and got it pulled out by a legacy in the snow. It's not unheard of for an STI to break it's rear drive-shaft and limp home on the front by switching the center diff (STI has this option) to 100% front, but apart from that, it sounds like something was wrong with that outback if it was doing that. Plus, they have decent clearance, compared to any standard height FWD.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
That doesn't really make sense, since Subaru's system is one that does not send power to the spinning wheels, it turns all the wheels no matter what, especially useful for getting un-stuck. I used it a few times with my WRX like this and remember back when we put a 4 runner in a ditch and got it pulled out by a legacy in the snow. It's not unheard of for an STI to break it's rear drive-shaft and limp home on the front by switching the center diff (STI has this option) to 100% front, but apart from that, it sounds like something was wrong with that outback if it was doing that. Plus, they have decent clearance, compared to any standard height FWD.
Yeah I'm not sure what was going on, I don't know much about them but it looked like it was open diff front and rear. It was a few years ago so it may have been a model that didn't use the ABS sensors to sort spinning wheels out.
Jacking up a narrow car and adding stiff springs and anti roll bars isn't exactly going to be great for off road traction, neither are the low-ish profile tires that came on my old man's, it's a weird car.