Quantcast

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The first mountain stretch of I-70 isn't far from where I live. In the summer it will be full of broken down vehicles which have come from the flat lands and then given up when confronted with the first climb into the Rockies.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Saw one of these while walking the dog today. Almost shit my pants from laughing.

View attachment 157065
These things bring back memories.

My step mothers parents had one and left it parked out on the road one day. Someone on a road bike wasn't paying attention and plowed right into the back of it. Dude cannonballed right through the back window and into the rear seats.

Not much damage to the car, but as I was working at the body shop that summer at my dad's work, I was tasked with cleaning out the blood covered glass nuggets from the interior.

/coolstorybro

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
These things bring back memories.

My step mothers parents had one and left it parked out on the road one day. Someone on a road bike wasn't paying attention and plowed right into the back of it. Dude cannonballed right through the back window and into the rear seats.

Not much damage to the car, but as I was working at the body shop that summer at my dad's work, I was tasked with cleaning out the blood covered glass nuggets from the interior.

/coolstorybro
The body shop I dropped my car off to after someone backed up into me had a special HAZMAT area with about 4 cars under tarps.

:no:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I was 16 when I drove my first "fast car" It was an 86 Grand National. Although my dad once owned a 67 Dodge Charger 440 he sold it way before I could reach any sets of pedals. He then proceeded to buy boring cars after boring cars (kids you know). Then one of my friend's uncle came in one day with this car and let us kids do start in the streets with it. Later, same friend left school to work full time and bought a 1988 Mustang 302, that was fun to drive as well. That is basically the only times I've ever drove fast and powerful cars.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
It must be the wheels, but this new Hyundai EV reminds me of the Lancia Delta Integrale Evo...

I love the look and concept of that thing, but we need manufacturers to stop charging huge amounts of money for shitboxes because they are electric. I get that the interior was made out of recycled tampons, but FFS that doesn't make it more valuable than dead animal skin. I do not understand why manufacturers cannot make an electric car that is good AND electric, not good because it's electric. Put another way- tesla is the only company than can get away with charging a premium for a shitbox...Hyundai can't do it. BMW tried with the i3, and nobody wanted that.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
We need to have a talk. A bright yellow race car is not a "sleeper".
Yes, @6thElement Are you clear what ‘sleeper’ means? Because a yellow Porsche is not it. :happy:
I was using the @Nick sleeper definition! :D

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Looks like an omnidirectional roll-over hazard. You could probably brake hard and it would roll over forwards.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
BTW, whatever happened to cars that had three seats in the front seat? Did they disappear for safety reasons?
Some rare beasts still exist, with column shifters just for this purpose.