Quantcast

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Not only american. VW offers a Golf Plus from 2004-14 that was taller and marketed at the elderly or those that want to sit higher. Mercedes A Class was similarly marketed.

Sounds like toshi.

I get your point, but on the whole this isn’t a phenomenon like it is in the US in my experience.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Sounds like toshi.

I get your point, but on the whole this isn’t a phenomenon like it is in the US in my experience.
The rest of the world doesn’t have the incentives of subsidized fuel (ok, I see you, Venezuela and Iran) combined with open space, relatively high incomes, CAFE rules tweaking the supply side of things, and a surplus of small-dicked men

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Not only american. VW offers a Golf Plus from 2004-14 that was taller and marketed at the elderly or those that want to sit higher. Mercedes A Class was similarly marketed.
??????

europe...?

never heard of any such thing...

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Noticed in the side picture that the wheels aren't centered on the wells. Strange.

Impressive build though.

gullwing.jpg

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
What the shit is up with every car having a million cameras these days and none of them being able to record like a dash cam? Started looking at whether my wife's car with 3 forward facing cameras can do it, nope. New F150 that I've got my eye on, nope. Nobody as far as I can tell even puts a USB plug up by the mirror to make adding one easier.

I remember when SEMA used to be about craftsmanship and skill.......

When was that? Granted I've only been paying attention to Sema for +/- 20 years, but in that time it's always been about ostentatious stupidity.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
What the shit is up with every car having a million cameras these days and none of them being able to record like a dash cam? Started looking at whether my wife's car with 3 forward facing cameras can do it, nope. New F150 that I've got my eye on, nope. Nobody as far as I can tell even puts a USB plug up by the mirror to make adding one easier.

When was that? Granted I've only been paying attention to Sema for +/- 20 years, but in that time it's always been about ostentatious stupidity.
I have been covering SEMA for about 20 years as well and it seems it started going to shit when the brodozer genre started happening. Shock and awe wins the views and votes rather than craftsmanship and skill.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Agreed, however reading through the comments and a little quick google. It would appear MB does not take kindly to replicas of their cars. Curious how this one will play out.
Probably depends on if it's commercial or not. If it's commercial, MB probably has them by the balls. If it's a private guy doing his own thing, as in that's not his source of income, I fail to see how anything would be enforceable. Ferrari lost a case recently I believe, main reason the fake was bad enough it wouldn't fool people, but that was a car being sold by a company, not a private dude.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
This is one of the things that Tesla actually does right.

I also recall one of the oddball square cars, Cube maybe? had a dockable dashcam option from the factory.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

The Corvette since C7 has the performance data recorder that can function as a dash cam. Also can be used to bust technicians and valets who joyride your whip. :rofl:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The Corvette since C7 has the performance data recorder that can function as a dash cam. Also can be used to bust technicians and valets who joyride your whip. :rofl:
Same with the Camaros, Cadillac V-stuff, etc.

But yeah, the other cameras should be leveraged as dash-cams, motion activated when parked, continuous loops, etc...

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Same with the Camaros, Cadillac V-stuff, etc.

But yeah, the other cameras should be leveraged as dash-cams, motion activated when parked, continuous loops, etc...
The way Tesla has done a security setup, it seems obvious to do it, too. But that's effort and stuff.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Yes, please. With a 6 speed, thanks.

929254.jpg

929257.jpg

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
No, looks more like making a hybrid rally car.... that petrol motor in the back is bigger than what's in a lot of straight ICE cars that are around.
For a little while, until the EV ranges all push out past 500 miles, have fast charging or battery swaps, I think an optimal configuration will be an ICE engine powering the rear wheels with two electric motors at the front wheels, with brake regen capability and using that energy to accelerate AWD out of corners, advanced traction management to split the power and manage it, the ability to capture braking energy and harness it is a game changer and if done right, could be a superior method for at least a few years IMO. CF chassis and cage, keep weight reasonable, battery would be small-ish and could be in the center of the car, EV motors probably not any heavier than running an AWD setup with it's axles and transfer cases.