Quantcast

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Or the people that stop before entering...when there are no cars coming.
That I'm guessing is caused by uncertainty, as roundabouts aren't a common every day thing for most people (here at least).

Where as with a traffic light, you can either proceed or not proceed. A roundabout takes a little bit more thought and care about what is coming from the left.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Or the people that stop before entering...when there are no cars coming.
We have a few random rotaries in our area, and invariably it's a total shitshow when I end up going through one of them... :mad:

<snip>
Where as with a traffic light, you can either proceed or not proceed.
I mean... you'd think that'd be the case. But the number of people that do whatever the fuck they want at traffic lights around here is kind of disturbing.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
We have a few random rotaries in our area, and invariably it's a total shitshow when I end up going through one of them... :mad:

I mean... you'd think that'd be the case. But the number of people that do whatever the fuck they want at traffic lights around here is kind of disturbing.
I remember the 3 roundabouts in Lowry*.

One morning there were clear tire tracks going straight through the middle of one of them. Would have been interesting to see..

Looking at google maps now is a trip. That place was like a giant grass field when I lived there. And the light rail on i225 stopped near Cheery Creek Dam somewhere...damn it goes far now.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
This one used to be a big hole in the middle of it, they had to fill it in because the number of vehicles which drove into it became a problem.

Roudabouts > stop signs for junctions. Keep the traffic moving and lessen the polution.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Not an awful price.

Who buys that and doesn't drive it more? :confused:

It's not like that was a hot collectors car or anything super special in 2007...or even now.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Who buys that and doesn't drive it more? :confused:

It's not like that was a hot collectors car or anything super special in 2007...or even now.
There are a lot of them in garages. The ki in Gresham that bought an '04 with 32k miles on it for $16k is still pretty incredible. Just like my neighbors, never seen rain, never been above 65mph, oil changed every year.

Buy it and put 200k on that bitch without issues. The '07 is totally free of issues and has the LS3 (I think, might still be LS2).

My C5 had very few issues at 200k. And the Vette isn't totally awful to work on, either.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That I'm guessing is caused by uncertainty, as roundabouts aren't a common every day thing for most people (here at least).

Where as with a traffic light, you can either proceed or not proceed. A roundabout takes a little bit more thought and care about what is coming from the left.

There are a lot of people around here that interpret "stop for pedestrians at crosswalk" as that they have to stop at a crosswalk until a pedestrian shows up.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
It did say at home it’s much cheaper, like 30 bucks.
210 kWh. At 90% charger efficiency that’s about 233 kWh from the grid. $30 assumes 12 cents and change per kWh, which is reasonable as a midpoint guess.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Why does it still have the same styling used where the exhaust would be? What a waste of plastic.

And all those LEDs... :bad:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
You haven’t kept up with the dune buggy kids have you? $250-500k for a “cool” one these days, so the 911 is right online, but an infinitely better thing to own, you can daily drive it.

Off-roading is cool right now, rich people like being cool But I’ll see these pretty regularly in my hood, we get a lot of rich guys trying to be outdoorsy around here
Screenshot_20221015_115835.jpg

Found this on Instagram a while back. I kinda dig it.