Quantcast

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
So what's 20 more cents per gallon at each fill up?
It's 20 cents (or more) more per liter here, so basically just flushing money.

That could be $9-10 extra per tank. It's small, but it adds up. And that's with gas being a little cheaper right now.

Plus that Subaru engine only makes 230hp, which would be frustrating if you're feeding it good fuel. Now if it had a turbo...

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Don't know if anyone else is bothered by LED headlights when driving at night, it certainly bothers me. Doesn't help that there are a fair number of morons around here that drive with their high beams on all the time. Got a pair of pair of clear gaming glasses that filters out high frequency light, makes a world of difference.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Don't know if anyone else is bothered by LED headlights when driving at night, it certainly bothers me. Doesn't help that there are a fair number of morons around here that drive with their high beams on all the time. Got a pair of pair of clear gaming glasses that filters out high frequency light, makes a world of difference.
I just drive with my high beams on when everyone else's lights are bright.
GRB-190114C.jpg

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
A day out in Britain-
I blame it on the part adoption of the Metric system, do people know how deep 3ft is these days?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yes! Being in a car, while most others are in SUV or trucks makes it even worse.

Some of the blue lights glare so much and make it hard for me to see the road - this is especially true on dark two lane roads out in the middle of no where.

Some makes seem way worse than others, like Toyota. Some Ford trucks are obnoxious as well.

And yeah this is purely just their stock headlights. Let's not get into every Jeep bro and their misaligned and laser beam LED lights.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I rarely drive at night and noticed that also. I've read somewhere that it is also due to aging...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Yes! Being in a car, while most others are in SUV or trucks makes it even worse.

Some of the blue lights glare so much and make it hard for me to see the road - this is especially true on dark two lane roads out in the middle of no where.

Some makes seem way worse than others, like Toyota. Some Ford trucks are obnoxious as well.

And yeah this is purely just their stock headlights. Let's not get into every Jeep bro and their misaligned and laser beam LED lights.
I rarely drive at night and noticed that also. I've read somewhere that it is also due to aging...
:stupid:

I made the mistake of flashing one of them last week, as it felt their lights were misaligned. when he switched to high beams I was blinded for a few seconds. good thing I was at a stop sign, so I just stayed there till my vision returned. it's ridiculous.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

I made the mistake of flashing one of them last week, as it felt their lights were misaligned. when he switched to high beams I was blinded for a few seconds. good thing I was at a stop sign, so I just stayed there till my vision returned. it's ridiculous.
The big issue around here are brodozers who haven't adjusted their headlights after a 12" lift and 40" tires. When I was in the Vette, it was awful (your ass is a foot off the ground).

The wife's car auto adjusts the high beams when it senses oncoming traffic.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Though it's the color temperature as much as the brightness, those bluer hues just hit different.

Did read this a while back, wonder if this will ever come to fruition here. Seems like it would be greatly beneficial.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Though it's the color temperature as much as the brightness, those bluer hues just hit different.

Did read this a while back, wonder if this will ever come to fruition here. Seems like it would be greatly beneficial.
The bluer light is higher energy and therefore more damaging, per Max Planck.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
676k miles on a 996 turbo.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Link to the glasses?

I really have a tough time dealing with LED headlights! I figure it is just a “getting old” thing, but if there are some magic specs that’ll fix it…

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
watched it earlier this week. IMO, funniest part is at 18:44....
Intro to that video should be mandatory viewing for everyone.
which part? don't have so many kids? caus' that's been pretty well debunked. ride your bike more? I can get behind that. plant a tree? you'll need to plant waaaay more than a tree. don't use as much water? not sure where to even start with that one. Don't buy a $100K car? yup, no argument there.

I think the biggest point of this video is the charging infrastructure needs to (radically) improve, and car prices need to come down. neither of which are impossible.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
That looks fun. My sister had a 2002 that my brother wanted to tweak but she refused.
younger brothers first car was some guys 68 2002 autocross car.....purchased in 88 for under 2k...

older brother had a 74 2002

the funnest cars i have ever ridden in....