Quantcast

the cheese thread

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
last weekend i got some stilton, manchego, and a brie made from goat's milk. i might swing down to Cambridge this weekend and pay a visit to fromaggio kitchen.

Meat Foot

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
On the asthenosphere
Had Havarti and dill last weekend on crackers after a ride. Out in central Oregon with about 50 of my closest riding buds. Popped a bottle or 5 of Deschutes Jubleales, and all of this contributed to taking the edge off the previous work week.:evil:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Tenchiro said:
A nicely aged cheddar is all I need. :drool:
once you go snooty you never turn back...

<-- member of the Cheeses of the World group on orkut :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i never did. i rarely if ever bought food with the dining hall close at hand. portland was when i saw the light :drool:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
MMMMM cheese. I've been chowing the Old Amsterdam aged gouda lately, yum. That and burrata, as well as good chevre. And there's always a chunk of good Parmesano Reggiano in my fridge as well as a piece of Gruyere for those grilled cheese attacks.

But damn I hate blue cheese and will shout it from the mountaintops.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
i had some brebis cheese in france that was very good... i was gonna bring some back, but i forgot it in the airport

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
kraft singles is where its at

but seriously baked brie with some crackers as an apatizer is about as good as you can find.
or blue cheese melted over a filet mingon with a red wine sauce although thats more of a meat than a cheese I guess

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
maxyedor said:
kraft singles is where its at

but seriously baked brie with some crackers as an apatizer is about as good as you can find.
or blue cheese melted over a filet mingon with a red wine sauce although thats more of a meat than a cheese I guess
If you Bake Brie Wrapped with Filo Dough, it makes a damn good appetizer. :drool:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
i think I can safely say, I love all cheese. even the super stinky stuff, i might even say, the stinkier the better.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
TN said:
i think I can safely say, I love all cheese. even the super stinky stuff, i might even say, the stinkier the better.
i once thought the same as you, but then i tried Epoisses, which was supposedly napoleon's favorite. it almost killed me, and stunk up my apartment like none other.

my thoughts on cheeses from an old email:

Toshi said:
Stilton - a blue cheese, good with fruit
Aged Gouda - i just tried some 4 year aged gouda, very hard and
flavorful, not all creamy like normal gouda
Gorgonzola - another blue cheese
Roquefort - yet another. see a pattern here? ;-)
Comté - a hard cheese sitting in my refrigerator, altho i haven't tried
it yet it has many fans
Camembert - like brie on steroids, in a good way
Epoisses - comes in a little wooden container. a creamy cheese,
supposedly napoleon's favorite :-o , very smelly tho (air it out!)
Leydin - a hard-ish cheese, often has spices in it. not offensive like
some of the blues can be