Quantcast

The Chomolungma Challenge Details are Finalized... Registration is limited...

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
"Racers will compete on two race tracks throughout the day. Solo racers on one track, and team racers on the other to start the event, but half-way through all competitors will switch tracks and finish on the other.

Race Track A: 10 Gallon, Pro DH
Race Track B: 10 Gallon, Judi Chop, Ninja Bob, Ball 'n Jack, Powerline"

0110-M-P

Monkey
Jun 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Registering our team of two this afternoon....still not sure where we are going to stay though.

"Racers will compete on two race tracks throughout the day. Solo racers on one track, and team racers on the other to start the event, but half-way through all competitors will switch tracks and finish on the other.

Race Track A: 10 Gallon, Pro DH
Race Track B: 10 Gallon, Judi Chop, Ninja Bob, Ball 'n Jack, Powerline"
Pretty excited about this. Glad to know that not everyone will be trying to go down the same course all day.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Hmmmmm...

I had thought about doing this event but its not what I thought it would have been. So individual lap times are of no consequence. Its not the shortest combined time of 20 laps, its the first to complete 20 laps. If you have a flat or mechanical then you've lost. As such the race includes lift time, lift wait time, etc as well. You could have faster lap times, but if by chance you hit a few backed up lift queues or if the lift stops mid uplift that also factors into your race time.

Am I seeing that right?

0110-M-P

Monkey
Jun 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Hmmmmm...

I had thought about doing this event but its not what I thought it would have been. So individual lap times are of no consequence. Its not the shortest combined time of 20 laps, its the first to complete 20 laps. If you have a flat or mechanical then you've lost. As such the race includes lift time, lift wait time, etc as well. You could have faster lap times, but if by chance you hit a few backed up lift queues or if the lift stops mid uplift that also factors into your race time.

Am I seeing that right?
This is the way I read it.

My main complaint is that teammates cannot race together, but it is more relay style.

Jan 3, 2012
A couple of the concerns mentioned here (lift lines and team limits) are somewhat linked. The reason we're limiting both the overall number of participants and limiting 2-person teams to 1 racer at a time (and 4 person teams to 2 racers at a time) is so that the number of competitors on course (based upon anticipated lap times and lift speed) will not exceed the uphill capacity of the WT lift. This will result in minimal, if any, lift lines, particularly once the field settles into a groove after the start. Mechanical knowledge (or good pit support) will be helpful as will a well thought out strategy for the event. Cheers!

Jun 11, 2004
Are my fellow Gutbombers fronting a team in my absense?
I've entered the solo division.....I wonder if I promise to eat some Krystal burgers on the drive up if I can be an honorary Gutbomber for the weekend? :D

I might need Motobutane's blessing on this first though..........;)

Jan 3, 2012
I know there are some riders out there who were planning to race solo but didn't realize there was a field limit, and are now looking to team up with someone so I'm hoping people might be able to connect here last minute if they want... will send people to this post if they're searching for a teammate. Good luck all!

Caussiecan

Chimp
Mar 9, 2012
Over the hill.
Is anyone interested in teaming up with me for the race tomorrow, i have spoken to the organizers and they have 3 duo vacancies left. They require a call from me to hold a spot
I will be leaving from Greenville and can pick you up on the way to SS. i have accom available.

0110-M-P

Monkey
Jun 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Had an awesome time at snowshoe this weekend...definitely doing it again next year if they plan on hosting it again.

Anyone know any of the photographers who were at the race? I saw the camera flash several times during my runs and would love to see the photos.

Caussiecan

Chimp
Mar 9, 2012
Over the hill.
Have to agree with 0110-M-P, it was an awesome event - great atmosphers, perfect weather and well run. It was the first time i have raced the Pro DH course in dry conditions. The new start to the jump line is worth the price of admission.
Highlight for me was pinning it down the steep rocky section on the jump line to get passed by Jay Fasterman like I was standing still.