Quantcast

The crippling effects of bad weather on commuting by bicycle

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
It's been two days back at work. Two days with icy, cold, and downright brutal conditions. Two days without commuting to work on my bicycle. Tomorrow will make day number three. And let me tell you this: I miss riding to work. It used to be that I dreaded the morning commute, but now i'm coming to depend on it, to look forward to it, to actually ENJOY it.

Maybe it's not riding my bike through frigid temps that i actually miss, as much as the tiny amount of freedom and dignity that it gives me?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I'm considering riding my bike to school...It's becoming a pain in the ass to scrape the car in -3 F temps INSIDE and out...takes more time than actually getting to school. I just need to find ish that will keep me warm in subzero temps.

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
xbluethunderx said:
I'm considering riding my bike to school...It's becoming a pain in the ass to scrape the car in -3 F temps INSIDE and out...takes more time than actually getting to school. I just need to find ish that will keep me warm in subzero temps.
What is this ish?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
This ish is just that

ish.

The high today was 15...I want to cry. My snot was freezing in my nose. The low was -7...

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I say go for it. Screw the icy conditions and freezing cold....dress up in all you've got and go for it. I bet you have even more fun than usual.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
SkaredShtles said:
At 15? Farenheit? I call bull$hit. :D

-S.S.-
From Nov. 29:

Daily Summary
Temperature
Mean Temperature 6 °F / -14 °C
Max Temperature 16 °F / -8 °C