Quantcast

The Custom Title thread

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Don't worry, I'm not asking for one. Mine suits me just fine. But I wanna hear the stories behind all the custom titles on RM. What do they mean, where did they come from, etc. I'll start:

I've only had mine for a month or so, but it happened in a thread in the DH forum that eventually got locked. I had to put a n00b in his place, and said n00b decided he was a bit cooler than I, so he started mouthing off. (Or would it be "typing off"?) Fortunately, other RM users came to the rescue and backed me up against this offensive n00b. I thanked my eFriends for the support, and thus my custom title was born.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I got mine because Ridemonkey is not a creative individual.

EDIT: I guess I should add that I made fun of loco for his custom title that was sort of my doing, and RM didnt like that so he just added a bit to it and gave it to me.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
ViolentVolante said:
your custom title was my doing assclown :evil:

As for mine, I was constantly being a jerk to a bunch of stupid n00bs, and I got the tough guy title, I was curb dropper for a while but after my N* trip it got changed back :)
Cause I'm a nice guy.

J

JRB

I got mine from BS making some insult after I called him some kind of idiot hick or something. The first one, bump, was from me bumping threads.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Not sure who gave me mine... or how I earned in on RM, but they know my bikes.

I tend to have odd combinations of equipment (FR wheels and fork on a light weight XC frame), and snag stuff from one bike to put on another; swap out forks, combine 2 bikes into 1 etc.... you get the picture.

Of the 6 "bikes" I have had in the 12 years of riding, only 2 were bought complete...

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Some skank ho at my work was trying to call me out on something she did and I called her back out on it in front of everyone (I ain't taking the blame for something someone else does) and she cornered my boss and said, MISS MISSY over there...blah blah blah...so I came on here to bitch about it since I can't really bitch to my coworkers about it, and viola! Miss Missy it was...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
...and you got the geek because you love Lord Of the Rings too much. You conveniently forgot that part.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
My first title was "I'm Fine" because I used to crash a lot but I'd always get up and tell IAB and MBC or whoever that I was fun.

My current title is courtesy of IAB and it is because I puked while riding at Monkeyfest this year. ugh.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
i still dont have one. even though lots have suggested, i think that giving me one would only make me happy.

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
i have bright blue eyes and at one point had long flowing hair. plus apperently i'm not a man.
then i had to cut my hair for firetraining and i grew up a bit.
guess the name just stuck.

either that or i'm the next Fabio and i don't know it yet. (but with tattoos)
kai-

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
HippieKai said:
i have bright blue eyes and at one point had long flowing hair. plus apperently i'm not a man.
then i had to cut my hair for firetraining and i grew up a bit.
guess the name just stuck.

either that or i'm the next Fabio and i don't know it yet. (but with tattoos)
kai-
I have been wondering about your custom title. The first week I was here lurking I saw your custom title then the Michelle Dumaresque poll, and kinda wondered what kinda group I had stumbled onto. :p

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
Ciaran said:
I have been wondering about your custom title. The first week I was here lurking I saw your custom title then the Michelle Dumaresque poll, and kinda wondered what kinda group I had stumbled onto. :p

and your still here? :confused:

i would hav erun screaming into the night.

Sep 18, 2004
virginia.......
I think you at least have to have over like.....500 to 800 posts in order to get a custom title, you never see people like me getting custom titles, but i don't have a lot of time to spend on here......ahh well looks like i got a long way to go till I can get 800 posts

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
HippieKai said:
and your still here? :confused:

i would hav erun screaming into the night.
Meh... What can I say, I am a freak. Besides, I was planning on rocking whistler in a skirt so I could get a cool custom title like Megan Black

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
I got mine because my old avatar was a picture of me with pudding all over my face... many people thought that it was poo, but as my custom title points out that is not the case.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I am the most newbiest of all the newbs. There are none that are more newbier than I. None is the number of newbs newer than I, and the number of those that are newbier are none.