Quantcast

The Customized thread!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Since we seem to build and tinker in the off season ie winter I figured a thread dedicated to customized parts for others to get an idea from or express/show off their work.
Paint, powdercoat, ano, decals, speedholes etc.....

Ive done all the work myself on mine from declas, paint and anodizing! You dont have to have done the work yourself just as long as its not stock!

08 66RC3 Custom declas, white lowers, silver stanchions and white crowns (basically had Ronnie get me an ATA set up with RC3 internals! :D

08 Boxxer WC white crowns and custom decals

08 888 WCATA white crowns

Bike stand decal

Rims Powder coated white and custom decals

Chainstay protector for muddy beast

07 888 wc RC2X decals

Custom camo anodized crowns and chainrings

anodized green bullit

copper brakemounts

red flame ano shock mount

purple to red fade flame anodized popst

Orange to red faded cranks anodized

red/purple flame ano post

Off mtb bike heres an marker I did!

Did a pink/grey camo for a guy as well as several ano tats but no pics anymore!

Last edited:

PepperJester

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Wolfville NS
looking good dude, the work stand looks pimp. What do you have for a printer?

I built drops for my hardtale to extend the wheel base

Built a sweet lexan faring for my vw

wrapped the headtube badge on my old Norco

Painted my old xc bike

alaska

Chimp
Oct 19, 2006
Yeah, If I end up doing it again I wanna do something with a pattern or something..we'll see though.

PepperJester

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Wolfville NS
Mutoh falcon outdoor printers, 48" and 64".
Digg'n' the drops for the hardtail.
thanks. They totally transformed the bike form a twitchy dirt jump bike in to a DH and FR monster.

We've got a mimaki at the shop I'm currently at. I don't much care for it. Preferred the Roland at my old shop.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
thanks. They totally transformed the bike form a twitchy dirt jump bike in to a DH and FR monster.

We've got a mimaki at the shop I'm currently at. I don't much care for it. Preferred the Roland at my old shop.
Rolands are nice but I like my cut/print seperate as I have them all working at the same time occasionally and its nice. :cheers:
Yeah I bet lengthening the rear made for a monster!!!! Its amazing what a little bit of WB does for a bike!

PepperJester

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Wolfville NS
you have a good point, it was always a pain juggling print and cut time on the roland. some one was always stuck waiting.

lol yeah the Astrix is pretty long now. super stable at speed. Here is a drive side shot

and going big :)

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
I'm about to contribute wayyy too much to this thread. Some stuff I've done/had done over the years

Handmade carbon rear fender for Blur 4X, also fit the Blur XC and LT classic. No, I will not make more.

My Blur 4X from last winter

The commuter

Handmade carbon fiber fender for my Reign X (No, I wont make more)

Boxxer decals

Hand-stripped Nomad with custom decal work

Handmade carbon fiber LG1 (lasted forever, wasn't MUCH lighter)

My R9 after powdercoat, version 1.0

R9 version 2.0

Machined aluminum plugs to make 30" bars before they became mainstream

My old V10 after powdercoat

Handmade carbon fiber downtube fender, bottomside

Last edited:

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
One of the way too many custom jobs. These are the few that I have on photobucket and i'm too lazy to go get my hard drives. Plus she is sleeping on me and won't budge.

Boxxer decals and lyrik decals in the back, green w/ chrome outline

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Loving the green Boxxer decals RUFUS.
Thanks, those are the custom ones that I did for my decal/design company RUFUSDESIGN. I wanted to do something a little diff. than just custom colors. Plus it shows clients something diff. if they want to go that route.

paranoid56

Monkey
May 23, 2004
San Diego, CA
some of my crap :D just paint and stickers :D
yea, i am a dork, love this color combo. the DH bike is getting stripped and painted this week.
my 29er SS

a ss road bike that i am almost finished with.

my dh bike. custom 888 stickers on it. have some spank green wheels that i need to build and put on after i paint it.

and my car LOL

xxFRESHxx

Chimp
Jun 21, 2008
Germany, BY
nice thread. :thumb:
i really like the ano stuff.

i used to make chainguides. i sold a couple in the past but lately i don't have the time to produce more.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Transparent red thermal overprint on Florentine Swirl faux gold leaf vinyl:

As long as we're showing engined bikes too - - remember the '70s when airbrushed murals were the rage? Well, I decided I needed to give my
125 the treatment. Sunrise one one side, sunset on the other, all overshot with pearlescent. (Sorry for the sketchy quality - - it's the only
shot I have scanned at the moment.)

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
the lads are off collecting our new toy we have a barabus tuned vito landing in the next hour. Will put up pics soon

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
I'll add to the vehicles portion of the thread. I'll post up my frame thats being painted once its done.

Bullcrew: I've seen you post up over on Pirate4x4 so you may appreciate this. I know it doesn't really compare to alot of the guys on there, but I was 16 and never changed my own oil prior to setting this rig up.

1/2 fullwidth axle swap(high pinon 44 front/35 spline 9" rear, locked up, 4.88). Ford radius arm suspension. Manual override of the AW4 auto tranny. 1-ton high steer setup. A/C converted to an on board air compressor. Interior semi-cage built for mounting tools and gear.

Dropouts cut down on my Ruben

Brakes shaved to clear 25-9

Bent and shaped lever and then setup to pull 2 cables.

Deep red with gold/metallic flake paintjob

-Kevin

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I'll add to the vehicles portion of the thread. I'll post up my frame thats being painted once its done.

Bullcrew: I've seen you post up over on Pirate4x4 so you may appreciate this. I know it doesn't really compare to alot of the guys on there, but I was 16 and never changed my own oil prior to setting this rig up.

1/2 fullwidth axle swap(high pinon 44 front/35 spline 9" rear, locked up, 4.88). Ford radius arm suspension. Manual override of the AW4 auto tranny. 1-ton high steer setup. A/C converted to an on board air compressor. Interior semi-cage built for mounting tools and gear.

-Kevin

HELL YEAH, I was planning on doing a SAS on the 4-runner before I went back to Socal but thats out for now!

Nice set up though looks damn good and definently a BEAST! :thumb:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Heres my prerunner before we gutted it and went 7U with it 5' trailing arms 4 tube bypass, 16" coilovers hydraulic bumps etc.. All bilstein! $$$$$ damn expensive! My buddy Sean Giordano races the fabtech 7U truck as well as fabricates with them now! Hes kick @$$ with a welder and mandrel bender!
Link:
http://www.off-road.com/trucks4x4/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=305953

Last edited:

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Just got a nice big ol' 1.4x3.5x12" block of Fortal (aka French 7075 equivalent) aluminum. Hopefully I'll have some pictures tonight.