Quantcast

The Danes are just evil!

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Heath Sherratt said:
There's an intersting situation, "depiction of Muslims being violent" response "we will kill you... and everyone else too" WOW, sure proved them wrong.
It's the religion of peace.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
How upset would you be if somebody took something that you loved and believed in and then took a big crap on it just because they could? Think about it for a minute. I imagine that is how many muslims feel about this.

Perhaps we all just need to be a little more sensitive and compasionate towards others?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
jdschall said:
How upset would you be if somebody took something that you loved and believed in and then took a big crap on it just because they could? Think about it for a minute. I imagine that is how many muslims feel about this.

Perhaps we all just need to be a little more sensitive and compasionate towards others?
You mean like when people here bash Christianity? Like when we see images of arabs on TV burning American flags? Sticks and stones, man... you have to learn to let that crap go. The offended muslims should just suck it up and realize that not everyone believes what they believe.
Personally I think islam is a bit of a joke. So some dude said that God spoke to him in the desert and that he is now the new ultimate prophet. Oh but I have no proof to show you. P'shaw! Yeah, I'm gonna follow that guy.

Like they say... "Ef em if they can't take a joke"

F.O.G

Monkey
Feb 8, 2005
Monterey, CA
jdschall said:

You mean like when they burn our flag,or when they chant kill the infidels, or how about when they bomb christian churches?? You don't see us charging their churches, attacking their embassies, and running through the streets with automatic weapons shooting into the air.

The people who think this warrants a militant action are just plain nuts.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
F.O.G said:
You mean like when they burn our flag,or when they chant kill the infidels, or how about when they bomb christian churches?? You don't see us charging their churches, attacking their embassies, and running through the streets with automatic weapons shooting into the air.

The people who think this warrants a militant action are just plain nuts.
You guys do get a bit twitchy when people burn your flag.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Ciaran said:
Like they say... "Ef em if they can't take a joke"

Yeah some people could loosen up a bit and others could try to be a little more sensitve and compasionate. Everybody would be better off.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
jdschall said:

You think that justifies mass murder and an entire population behaving like raving lunatics? It's a freakin comic. They use that religion of theirs to justify all kinds of ass backward behavior, from oppression of women to religious persecution to mass murder and terrorism.

Oh and guess what, our current government is taking a big crap on things I love all the time. Civil liberties is a good example. I'm not running out bombing innocent people because of it.

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
fluff said:
Uh yeah we are pooring into the streets with AKs over flag burnings alright.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
F.O.G said:
You don't see us charging their churches, attacking their embassies, and running through the streets with automatic weapons shooting into the air.
You don't see it? So you turn a blind eye to when we do it in Iraq, Afghanistan?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
BeerDemon said:
You think that justifies mass murder and an entire population behaving like raving lunatics? <more stuff snipped>

I'm not trying to make this a muslim vs. christian political thing. I just think if people were nicer to each other all around maybe there wouldn't be so many people running around all pissed of.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
jdschall said:
I'm not trying to make this a muslim vs. christian political thing. I just think if people were nicer to each other all around maybe there wouldn't be so many people running around all pissed of.
How about if we didn't get into pissing matches about who has the bigger/better god?

F.O.G

Monkey
Feb 8, 2005
Monterey, CA
jdschall said:
You don't see it? So you turn a blind eye to when we do it in Iraq, Afghanistan?
You mean like when we didn't blow up a mosque when we knew full well that Al Zaquari (sp?) was inside???? That mosque should have been wipped from the map!! How many mosques have been destroyed by their own hands, since then??

I was not justifying the CARTOONS, just commenting on how out of hand their reaction to them has been.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
I was trying to think of the equivalent anti-Christian blasphemy. Perhaps Christ in a B52 dropping bombs on a mosque; would Christians find that offensive?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
F.O.G said:
I was not justifying the CARTOONS, just commenting on how out of hand their reaction to them has been.
It is out of hand, I agree. It's kind of like a poking a stick at a hornet's nest. They know they are going to come out mad as hell, yet for some reason they thought it was a good idea to keep poking at it. And now everybody are upset about their reaction? Where is the sense in that?

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Fluff there's always the example of "Piss Christ". You'd need to find an example from the Muslim world to have a fair comparison.

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
jdschall said:
It is out of hand, I agree. It's kind of like a poking a stick at a hornet's nest. They know they are going to come out mad as hell, yet for some reason they thought it was a good idea to keep poking at it. And now everybody are upset about their reaction? Where is the sense in that?
So the whole world has to tip toe around and not practice our usual freedoms because we are afraid of offending a violent and ignorant culture? Sounds like they are winning the war already.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
valve bouncer said:
Just out of interest how many of you think that this cartoon goes too far?
I don't think it goes to far at all, but I read a letter to the editor of the paper that carried that cartoon from some people who did think so....

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
jdschall said:
Yeah, free speech doesn't mean you are carte blanche to do whatever you want. I got the feeling that this Danish cartoonist was being a smartarse just for the sake of being a smartarse. Not that there's anything wrong with that, you've just gotta be careful who you piss off.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
fluff said:
Actually I could give a rat's ass, if Muslims want to heat their homes with burning American flags then have at it. What I have a problem with is the hypocrisy of Muslims standing on American flag ashes and bodies of decapitated Americans whining about how they were disrespected.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
Echo said:
Actually I could give a rat's ass, if Muslims want to heat their homes with burning American flags then have at it. What I have a problem with is the hypocrisy of Muslims standing on American flag ashes and bodies of decapitated Americans whining about how they were disrespected.
Chicken and egg, who disrespected whom first?

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Old Man G Funk said:
I don't think it goes to far at all, but I read a letter to the editor of the paper that carried that cartoon from some people who did think so....
I thought it was excellent, very biting in the best tradition of political cartoonists. The only small criticism I have is that I think it would have been just as effective if the soldier had have only been missing, say a leg instead of all his limbs. I can see how people might think it's over the top.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Old Man G Funk said:
As long as you agree that EVERYONE is acting like an asshat.
Muslims and the Arab world have PLENTY to be pissed of about, I personally think this is that anger manifesting itself over something relatively minor.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
valve bouncer said:
I thought it was excellent, very biting in the best tradition of political cartoonists. The only small criticism I have is that I think it would have been just as effective if the soldier had have only been missing, say a leg instead of all his limbs. I can see how people might think it's over the top.
Here's some articles about it...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/02/AR2006020201814.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/01/AR2006020102465.html
Dave Autry, deputy communications director for Disabled American Veterans, said he was "certainly not" offended by the cartoon.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
The ones that really bug me are the ones who move to another country like England, Holland, or wherever and then complain. Hey asshole! You're welcome to go back to the middle east if you don't like things here in your newly adopted country.