Quantcast

The Day after ICYCLE

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
OK...so I have been offering this to a few buddies but wanted to make it public.

I'm looking to hit Wayehutta on the way back out of Fontana this Sunday after the Icycle.

In Cullowhee right inside of Sylva, NC on the main road back out is Wayehutta. I took a big group in there back in mid-November and they all seemed super impressed and I want to show more people.
The place deserves some big ups.

We did one climb in and descent that day, then loaded up and hit it as a shuttle. The shuttle is a long, long drive up on a pretty smooth gravel road. But personally I think climbing in 1 time is the easiest way to do it.

Any takers wanna go with me?

This is the place you told me about last fall??? Wish I could join you now, but I've been sick for 6 ****ing weeks. Having a cat scan next week and probably surgery soon thereafter.........go ahead and let the jokes begin, I left myself open, let's see what you guys can come up with!!!!

Anyway, don't forget about Jonnynails and his dusty bike come this spring. I want to get a weekly ride on the DH bike soon as I'm healed up. Have fun at the icycle.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
This is the place you told me about last fall??? Wish I could join you now, but I've been sick for 6 ****ing weeks. Having a cat scan next week and probably surgery soon thereafter.........go ahead and let the jokes begin, I left myself open, let's see what you guys can come up with!!!!

Anyway, don't forget about Jonnynails and his dusty bike come this spring. I want to get a weekly ride on the DH bike soon as I'm healed up. Have fun at the icycle.
You mean your really going to ride your bike this year? Ha Ha. Get to feeling better bro.:cheers:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Yeah, the way I figure it is if I come ride with you it will be the only way I get invited to Mason's first dance rehersal when he takes up ballet:wave:
Now, Now!!!! There is no reason to get the little one mixed up in this. You don't want me to tell everyone about Jack teaching you how to dance for you wedding!!!!!! :lighten: Opps!!!!

Now, Now!!!! There is no reason to get the little one mixed up in this. You don't want me to tell everyone about Jack teaching you how to dance for you wedding!!!!!! :lighten: Opps!!!!
Now Cecil, just because I turned down your offer to teach me how to salsa there is no reason to get jealous. I think it was your hip thrusting that scared me away to be honest:twitch:

irishman

Chimp
Apr 21, 2006
TN
We came down and hit up the trail there a little while back.

I liked it alot, but I would definately rather just push to the top if I did it again. That shuttle was just as long and took way too much trouble.

The trail was cool...fast, waterbar after knee high water bar, with enough space to pass a dirt bike in the berms. :imstupid: If you haven't hit it up it's worth a try. I'd be down for it if I had my bike. I just sold it and don't have a ride for now.

Ideally, you'd want something with 5 inches of travel or more but there were some with less and one with a hardtail out there when we went. Great Great trail...only one up in it that you can get half way up with speed and only walk 3-400 yards to the next LOOOONNNGG decline.

Summin' it up: I'd say go for it. You'll end the day with a smile on your face. (and maybe mexican in your stomach)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
What I'll do this time is we'll park the pickup vehicle at the river down at campus. That is the way we always did it in college after a long drunk. Then all we have to drive is UP. The drive out of Wayehutta is 10 minutes long just to go down the mountain. (basicly cuts out 20 minutes of driving. We only left from inside that day Jesse b/c we had climbed and descended once already.)

So we can knock that shuttle out in about 30 minutes and it will leave us about 45 minutes of pure descending including the Banzai Pavement Downhill from the gravel road out....heh!!!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Oh...and regardless of what bike you're on...there is no real advantage. Matt Griffin had a hardtail, I had a 5 and 5 Enduro, Jesse had something? Frznomad (eric) and 2 others had pure DH rigs...we were all neck and neck the whole way down.

After we hunted down and passed those motos, I now know a moto cannot beat an MTB down that trail...NO WAY!!!!

And you've not lived until you ride the bermed up Mach 1 Luge section!!!!