Quantcast

***The Day After Monderp GMT***

It's - wait for it - raining.

My garage door opener died of old age a few months back and I replaced it. Started in on replacing Hilarie's yesterday, which at least allows me to schedule the inconvenience.

Yesterday the crew installing solar panels basically said that they give up and will be back when the swamp has receded. A WAP and a PoE switch are supposed to show up today, which should allow the array to talk to the mother ship once it's actually installed and running.

Starting to get ready to depart for Lyndon next Tuesday. Hoed the van out, made a grocery list, checked beer level in the R-Pod.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
kids second to last day of school. they actually managed to get out of the house at a decent time so we stopped for donuts. should be the last day of rain for a while. trying to make a mountains ride work for friday...

listening to old school quicksand

have an excellent day

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Ribs hurt. That is all.
No, wait. That's not all. Got the replacement hbar on my bike. Looks good. Ok now that's all.
How's the elbow?

Back to work for me. I truly enjoy not working. Debating whether riding in with still a bit sore foot is a good idea. Probably should save it for riding on Thursday.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Crushed my finger last night with a hammer. I still feel it today. Otherwise I got woken up in the middle of the night and spent near 2 hours trying to fall back asleep. As a result I am tired. I am also fat and depressed from a lack of exercise this year. Harumph. :popcorn:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
so tired. why the fuck am I so tired all the time? My youngest seems to have figured out the whole sleeping through the night thing (finally), but I don't feel more rested.

brought my shock the shop yesterday. turns out, all you have to do to take the air can off is yank the debonair sleeve off. then you can unscrew the air sleeve. while at the shop I got them to swap out the lower bushing (I had been unsuccessful doing it at home with sockets and vice). Back at home I cleaned out the inside (it was dirty), added oil (I think of the wrong weight - but it will do for the time being) and pumped it back up. Now I have a bike I can ride again. When the shop gets less busy (they're running at about a 2-week turnover right now), I will have them replace the bearings in my linkages, which are totally shot at the moment. Why I didn't do all this in the winter is beyond me.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
73 years ago today my Father was staring at the French shoreline from an LST not far offshore, not knowing what the end of the day would bring. Many other young men never saw the end of that day. May your day be more peaceful than that day was.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
The male offspring had a flat on his commuter last yesterday and had a good long walk home. once home, he managed to get the wheel and tire off and found the hole in the tube, but had no knowledge or tools to fix it. Of course, any patch kit supplies that I have are 15 years old and the glue is nonexistent, even in a sealed tube. Off to the store to buy a spare tube, a patch kit and frame pump. Lo and behold, they don't seem to sell patch kits anymore, just preglued slime patches for $2.00 apiece. WTF? the good news is, they boy remounted everything with the new tube all by himself.

RAin Rain go away Yossarian wants to ride again someday.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Just poured a dentist-grade wheelsets' worth of $ into my out-of-work-hygienist-grade Mazda. It was waaaay overdue. Merde.

Did a corporate "crossfit" session yesterday, and my body hates me. I had big plans to go for a pre-work ride. Didn't happen.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Don't you hate those days when you really want to go for a mountain bike ride, but jobs and kids don't give you enough free time. That was why I had to run yesterday instead of pedal. Banged out 4 miles and that earned me 2 IPA credits.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Today should be a fun one. Lots of interesting meetings that have a possible doomed output. Should be fun to be a part of that.

In other news, got Jeremy's chain adjusted, moved his bars a little and went over some breaking yesterday. This kid is all smiles. It's the lid that kills me. :rofl:

His sticker kit should be here this weekend along with the new seat. Grips show up today.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Wow seller just went down in price on the house we are buying after I said I wanted all their crap together with the the house like furniture and tools etc. I'll rather take the saving then all kinds of old crap. Just need the bank approval and its all good for juli 1st take over just in time for when wife and kids arrive. I am super stoked.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Dude... he's a kid. *AND* he's related to you. Breaking shit will be NO problem for him. :D
He's not related to me that I know of. I mean, I'm sure if you go back in history far enough he is at some point, but for now he is just the kid across the street.

Another neighbor kid was trying to get him to put his bars way forward like the cool kids. :rofl:

It was a learning opportunity to go over ergonomics and riding positions.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Did a corporate "crossfit" session yesterday, and my body hates me.
i'd yearn for the corporate era of the 60's portrayed in mad men of men bonding over bourbon and strippers....fuck working out with a bunch of dudes.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
i'd yearn for the corporate era of the 60's portrayed in mad men of men bonding over bourbon and strippers....fuck working out with a bunch of dudes.
I am certainly in the same camp. However, it was free, and will likely get me a company-paid trip back east in September if I just grin and bear it.

Plus, I don't work out. Ever. I ride my bike.

I'm old (Thanks again for all the birthday wishes, you jerks). Getting strong is probably a good move from an injury prevention perspective.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
(Thanks again for all the birthday wishes, you jerks).
hfbd...i generally remember my birthday when my mom calls me to wish me happy birthday...

i hope your absent brother is doing well also.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Back in civilization.

Yesterday was fun. We went trail riding with the Tag-along on the Yeti. It made for some exciting trail sections. Went fishing and caught nothing, then proceeded to get rained out.
Realized the newly purchased, garage sale tent we brought was not well set to handle going from an angle. Thankfully brought my backpacking tent, just in case. I got that tent up during lulls in the storm while Haley cheered me on from the other (drier than outside) tent. The storm went away and the sun came out again, so we went rock climbing. It was Haley's first time climbing. Haley really, really likes rock climbing. We stayed up until 9:30 hoping for clear sky, but instead were greeted with an almost full moon. In a stupid moment, I forgot my coat at the house. It was cold last night.

Today we broke down camp and went fishing on the way home. I caught two 6" rainbow's and Haley got a 9". We saw a golden eagle while we were fishing and a pair of coyotes from about 30ft away while driving through the park.

My list of "needed stuff" for car camping grew notably in the last 24 hours. I bought a Stanley kitchen kit from REI and the cooking pan was garbage. Everything that touched it burned: butter, bacon, pancakes, etc. Even with a super low temp, it would burn to it. I will returning it soon.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Back in civilization.

Yesterday was fun. We went trail riding with the Tag-along on the Yeti. It made for some exciting trail sections. Went fishing and caught nothing, then proceeded to get rained out.
Realized the newly purchased, garage sale tent we brought was not well set to handle going from an angle. Thankfully brought my backpacking tent, just in case. I got that tent up during lulls in the storm while Haley cheered me on from the other (drier than outside) tent. The storm went away and the sun came out again, so we went rock climbing. It was Haley's first time climbing. Haley really, really likes rock climbing. We stayed up until 9:30 hoping for clear sky, but instead were greeted with an almost full moon. In a stupid moment, I forgot my coat at the house. It was cold last night.

Today we broke down camp and went fishing on the way home. I caught two 6" rainbow's and Haley got a 9". We saw a golden eagle while we were fishing and a pair of coyotes from about 30ft away while driving through the park.

My list of "needed stuff" for car camping grew notably in the last 24 hours. I bought a Stanley kitchen kit from REI and the cooking pan was garbage. Everything that touched it burned: butter, bacon, pancakes, etc. Even with a super low temp, it would burn to it. I will returning it soon.
pretty fiucking cool stoney.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Fuck both of these patterns. Redneck gym, which is to say ordinary physical labor, trumps both cited masturbatory exercises.
This.
I ride bikes and don't do the gym. But thoroughly enjoyed wearing myself out on Saturday chopping down trees and hauling the wood around our place.